Source of free silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Source of free silver

Postby Treetop » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:32 am

I was at a Love truck stop the other day and the guy ahead of me asked for their "rejects" tray. I learned from asking the cashier that they have some massive safe type thing in the back that counts all their drawers at the end of shifts and spits out the right amount of each of the bills to start the next shift. From what I saw he got 3 silver quarters and a dime and most of the rest looked like damaged coins. Was surprised none of the workers traded it out for modern coins.

Anyway, I have no idea how common such machines are at truck stops or other similar stores but apparently Loves has them. Never heard anyone here mentioned it so thought it might help someone. LOL if anyone tries this out and finds silver, maybe remember to post it here so I can be happy I helped someone. :thumbup:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Source of free silver

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 am

Wow never heard of that truck stop.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:15 am

I’ve seen Love’s truck stops all over the country on my travels, but, unfortunately, there aren’t any within an hour drive each way from where I live. This does indeed sound like an actionable idea for some lucky person who lives near Love’s.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agmoose » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:28 pm

Well now. Thats a new one on my as well, and there are Love's truck stops nearby. I may have to stop at one this weekend while driving.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:45 am

agmoose wrote:Well now. Thats a new one on my as well, and there are Love's truck stops nearby. I may have to stop at one this weekend while driving.

Let us know how it goes!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:02 am

I got a silver dime for a dime at loves today. Not much but it was fun, and a good feeling. I verified with the manager that the machine does in fact reject silver. Wasnt just a fluke. The manager told me there is often a few silver coins and a few times hes had 20 plus dollars in silver!!! Apparently stolen or a misunderstood inheritance.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:53 am

Does anyone know what brand of machine this is? Is it Coinstar or something else?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Treetop » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:05 pm

Just so you dont think I was ignoring you..... I didnt look for or see any company names on the little metal container they brought me. I will go again, Ill try to see if it has a name on it or maybe will ask them lol. In my experience they just called it "the bank". which could be basically any company built it, I dunno.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:09 pm

Treetop wrote:I got a silver dime for a dime at loves today. Not much but it was fun, and a good feeling. I verified with the manager that the machine does in fact reject silver. Wasnt just a fluke. The manager told me there is often a few silver coins and a few times hes had 20 plus dollars in silver!!! Apparently stolen or a misunderstood inheritance.

If I were you, I would report to this Loves everyday for a daily helping of free silver.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:05 am

Silver4face wrote:
Treetop wrote:I got a silver dime for a dime at loves today. Not much but it was fun, and a good feeling. I verified with the manager that the machine does in fact reject silver. Wasnt just a fluke. The manager told me there is often a few silver coins and a few times hes had 20 plus dollars in silver!!! Apparently stolen or a misunderstood inheritance.

If I were you, I would report to this Loves everyday for a daily helping of free silver.

LOL well Ive been there 3 times so far since I knew about this. Only one dime so far, but their gas is as expensive as anyone elses here so its my new stop.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:40 pm

Got a second silver dime at loves! lol I know its next to nothing but it is so fun.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:05 pm

the coin counter at my credit union also rejects silver. I check the reject tray there every time I’m in branch.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Silver4face » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:32 am

Treetop wrote:Got a second silver dime at loves! lol I know its next to nothing but it is so fun.

Now that you got a SECOND silver dime, this place does qualify as a free source of silver. I would go back as often as time permits.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:52 am

well yeah sure. I dont know exactly what they are doing but best place I ever fueled up.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:15 am

Third time wooo hooo! There was a half dollar in there also, but sadly no luck. Just a clad.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:51 pm

BOOM another dime and a quarter this time!! lol. Both in amazing shape and 1964. quarter still had barely sharp edges.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:32 pm

Treetop wrote:BOOM another dime and a quarter this time!! lol. Both in amazing shape and 1964. quarter still had barely sharp edges.

We should start taking bets on when your next score is! I'm going to set the "over/under" at March 24th.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:38 am

Oh one thing I was told by a worker was to trade out for ALL their change even if there isnt silver. she knows why I wanted to check their rejects but apparently doesnt care about the occasional coins. But she told me other workers will start wondering why I wanted specific coins. LOL, Im not sure why they would think I just want "rejected" coins. But she might have had a point. Its funny how exciting such a small score is. LOL Id search endless coin if I could actually get it en mass here. so fun.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am

Silver4face wrote:
Treetop wrote:BOOM another dime and a quarter this time!! lol. Both in amazing shape and 1964. quarter still had barely sharp edges.

We should start taking bets on when your next score is! I'm going to set the "over/under" at March 24th.

You lost the bet! I drive a little old paid off car we had forever. She has the commute so driving the bigger safer vehicle we make payments on. So we use the bonus from our grocery store and she buys gas at the petro usually. But she needed to fill up and I took her to loves instead this time. 2 silver dimes!! I mean at this point they seem to have some silver more than half the times I tried. Although there was a period I got nothing for awhile. LOL I just love the feeling. If I find or save a few dollars other ways its nice of course but somehow finding a tiny treasure of real money is so so much more satisfying.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Congratulations! You are killing it right now! I am now thinking that you might be able to squeeze in another score before the end of the week. Have you kept track of all your findings since this began?
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:03 pm

Well yeah, this thread Ive have listed ALL my finds. Nothing amazing, but super fun.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:48 am

Love it! (Bad pun intended) Always enjoy hearing about people finding sources of free (or nearly free) silver. Way to go TT!!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:06 am

LOL found two quarters and three times on the same day. Then the manager walks up and asks me what people like me want with rejected coins anyway. One of his cashiers (a native girl, and they know all about coin silver because its what all or most native made silver jewelry is from) instantly says hes looking for silver. So the manager asks if the coins I had traded out for were silver and at this point I basically explain to him what it was and how much its worth. He straight out tells me not to bother again because hes going to take it all. LOL.

a different time I forgot to log here I found one dime and another 2. So assuming the manager does indeed lock down the rejects box as he implied that is probably my full run at the local loves. Was super fun while it lasted.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:53 am

Too bad. No other love's in close driving distance, I presume.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:40 am

Well I still plan to try to get silver there just because. Just probably wont work, or not as often. But yeah no other loves in my little town. I dont go to the city often but we usually end up fueling up when we do so will try to make it a loves when convenient. So I still might get some from there but its likely not going to be much. All that said it was super fun to have the experience of silver for face. Anyway if anyone else tries this and gets a silver coin or three please post it. Id love to know I helped get a tiny bit of real money for someone.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals