Source of free silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Source of free silver

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:57 am

JadeDragon wrote:the coin counter at my credit union also rejects silver. I check the reject tray there every time I’m in branch.

Thought I had asked you but apparently forgot. You find any silver this way? Anyone reading this know why some or maybe all these types of machines reject silver? I mean I assume the simple answer is they are set up to detect modern coins. But my loves experience implies to me theres still enough real silver coins out there to justify collecting them. I know for sure I wasnt the only one collecting silver at that loves. Because I learned about it from someone else shopping there. One cashier when I came in said I was the third person who asked for the rejects tray on her shift. It also begs the question why is so muc silver coin still out there when these machines reject them and a small but devoted community pick them up? pffft I dunno. Is the answer as simple as people dealing with these machines sort through the rejects and are like yep this is a real coin that isnt all beat up or defaced lets put it on the good side despite what the machine says? I dunno but it just strikes me as odd such coinage shows up all the time instead of just when someone steals silver and buys things at face or misused inheritance. Random single coins STILL showing up just seems odd when so many of these machines reject them. Is what it is I guess.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals