PAMP Suisse - OK to buy?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PAMP Suisse - OK to buy?

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:53 pm

I'm window shopping for my next gold gram bar, and it looks like JMBullion is out of the IGR ones that I normally buy. Is this one a reliable backup?

https://www.jmbullion.com/1-gram-pamp-s ... -gold-bar/
Last edited by thecrazyone on Sat May 13, 2023 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: PAMP Suisse - OK to buy?

Postby natsb88 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:43 pm

I would consider PAMP to be a more renowned producer than IGR by pretty much any measure. The downside is that PAMP (along with Perth) is also more widely targeted by counterfeiters when it comes to packaged fractional bars. That's not a concern buying new product from JMB. But when you go to sell it, the buyer may want more reassurance, and it's very difficult to accurately test 1g bars without breaking them out of the cards. It wouldn't be an issue if you sell back to JMB or one of the other big online dealers, but they will also pay less than selling directly to another stacker. Just something to consider long term. And that's not to say that IGR or any other brand is somehow immune from counterfeiters. Just that, so far, the high quality carded fractional fakes are targeting PAMP and Perth.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Thanks! I'll wait for IGR, then.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:31 pm

Totally agree with Nate... the counterfeit potential is much too high. I only buy gold coins, no bars for me.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:01 pm

Good info Nate!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pmbug » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:56 pm

That looks really tiny! I'm scared of losing 1/10 toz AGEs and the 1g bar looks to be roughly 1/3 the metal of them. I guess they wouldn't be so bad as long as they stay in a case/packaging.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals