Pawn shop silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pawn shop silver

Postby cwgii » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:27 pm

One of the shops,usually, has coins.
Today I walk in, just as they finish arranging the new display.
A bunch of bags of dimes, some quarters and a mixed bag.
A bunch of paper, that I know zilch about.
And a 1972 Bahama proof, 9 coin set. It was tempting all those super shiney coins. Especially the $5 coin.neat. but at $80, about 20 overpriced.
Slq at $15. Regular Ike's at $15. Lol.

Anyway, one of the bags seemed ,cheaper, turned out to be 33,1964 dimes, 6,64 quarters.label price $75.
I got it for $67.5

Close to melt value. Yeah.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pawn shop silver

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:40 am

Very nice!

I never seem to see coin deals at pawn shops.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby stas3000 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 am

cwgii wrote:One of the shops,usually, has coins.
Today I walk in, just as they finish arranging the new display.
A bunch of bags of dimes, some quarters and a mixed bag.
A bunch of paper, that I know zilch about.
And a 1972 Bahama proof, 9 coin set. It was tempting all those super shiney coins. Especially the $5 coin.neat. but at $80, about 20 overpriced.
Slq at $15. Regular Ike's at $15. Lol.

Anyway, one of the bags seemed ,cheaper, turned out to be 33,1964 dimes, 6,64 quarters.label price $75.
I got it for $67.5

Close to melt value. Yeah.

A complete 1972 proof set of the Bahamas in Franklin Mint packaging at $80 is a good deal! Those are awesome coins. Melt value of the silver coins alone is about $70. Mintage of those dates was pretty low too. I believe only 35k per denomination (for the proof strikes).
Accepting payments via Zelle, PPFF, PPGS (add 3.75%), Venmo, cashier/bank check, personal check, concealed cash.
stas3000
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cwgii » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:43 pm

I agonised over it. One strike is the packaging.too big . also, missing the paperwork. .but I suppose if it is there the next time I ,go to town, I will get it.

Hind sight. Ty
cwgii

Postby stas3000 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:12 pm

cwgii wrote:I agonised over it. One strike is the packaging.too big . also, missing the paperwork. .but I suppose if it is there the next time I ,go to town, I will get it.

Hind sight. Ty

The missing packaging is no big deal. You can always just trash it if it smells funny (not unusual given how old the set is) or takes too much space. Or buy what's missing. I've seen that on eBay here and there. And I think I have some empty packaging actually. But anyway, it's a nice set with or without the box. In my humble opinion anyway. :angel: If you're into type sets, you'll want to get a 1974 (or later) set too. After the independence (1973), designs changed.
Accepting payments via Zelle, PPFF, PPGS (add 3.75%), Venmo, cashier/bank check, personal check, concealed cash.
stas3000
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cwgii » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:44 pm

It was gone.

But did get a ,money clip, with a walker on it. Paid $2.25
cwgii

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:20 am

cwgii wrote:It was gone.

But did get a ,money clip, with a walker on it. Paid $2.25

Now that’s a bargain!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals