Silver Is Significantly Underpriced

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Is Significantly Underpriced

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:38 pm

Silver Is Significantly Underpriced Given The Looming Supply Shortage

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/s ... y-shortage

In conclusion, the photovoltaic industry’s impending impact on silver pricing cannot be overlooked. As the silver shortages loom on the horizon, it is only a matter of time before mainstream media reports on these significant developments. Once the news spreads, we can anticipate substantial price surges in the silver market.”

Now is the time to buy while silver is on sale.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Is Significantly Underpriced

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:48 pm

Been hearing this stuff for a very long time. None of it ever comes to fruition. There has been short term retail shortages, but the inventory always comes back after a certain period of time.

TPTB just have too much control over the prices (via the paper market) and will smash down any major price increases.

PMs will soar in value ONLY when the banking systems fail and/or the USD becomes totally worthless.

Until then silver is still in a multi-year trading range. Wake me up when it breaks above $30.

Yes, buy more when the price drops. I think we'll see sub $20 sometime this year. Hopefully it happens slowly so premiums do not take off.

Never buy when the prices are rising and hype and FOMO have a strong hold on people. Use YouTube bullion dealer shills like Andy "I've never seen anything like this before" Schectman as a contrary indicator... it hasn't failed yet. Whenever he says that the price is usually topping out... DON'T buy any, because the prices typically drop right after that.

Remember... PMs are insurance, not a get rich quick scheme.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:08 am

Oh come on CuPH, you know you really want to post replies like this:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:18 pm

If the little video is meant to represent a moonshot, a Saturn V launch would be much better. An Atlas rocket has no chance of getting anywere near the moon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2z1LqJoYcs
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:31 pm

Statements like "Silver is undervalued" can be true, while at the same time price can be relatively unaffected by that, in the short term (and by short term, I mean less than 10 years). But if we are past peak silver, and the production data has been showing that are on the other side of that for many years, eventually cumulative demand will suck up all the elastic supply. That bad thing (or good, if you want a high price) is that many of the industrial demand segments are creating non-recoverable silver products such that at end of life the silver in them just goes into a landfill.

When demand outstrips all supply, "to the moon" occurs. We get close and closer to that point every year. Even if nothing else goes wrong in the economy, silver will be forced higher by basic economics and no amount of price fixing will hide that.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:57 pm

pmbug wrote:Oh come on CuPH, you know you really want to post replies like this:

lol - Someday perhaps and I hope so, but many of us here might be dead by the time it actually happens. :cry:

Like I said above, for silver to take off like that something very serious needs to happen... so far TPTB have always been able to rescue the system with emergency actions/bailouts.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:55 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
pmbug wrote:...
lol - Someday perhaps and I hope so, but many of us here might be dead by the time it actually happens. :cry:

I certainly expect to be (dead before it happens). Cheers (and thanks for understanding my post was just a joke).
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:44 pm

68Camaro wrote:Statements like "Silver is undervalued" can be true, while at the same time price can be relatively unaffected by that, in the short term (and by short term, I mean less than 10 years). But if we are past peak silver, and the production data has been showing that are on the other side of that for many years, eventually cumulative demand will suck up all the elastic supply. That bad thing (or good, if you want a high price) is that many of the industrial demand segments are creating non-recoverable silver products such that at end of life the silver in them just goes into a landfill.

When demand outstrips all supply, "to the moon" occurs. We get close and closer to that point every year. Even if nothing else goes wrong in the economy, silver will be forced higher by basic economics and no amount of price fixing will hide that.

R68, you know what i been saying for years, by the time shiny shiny goes parabolic, TPTSNB will declare Ag a "vital national security resource" and ban private owner ship, as the last greatest President said, that would be Ike, "i know how these boys operate"...i'll say it again, learn how to operate in the black market.....i thank the Lord i live in a land that has a robust Amish community, and they know the VALUE of Ag, they grow lots of food, mill wood, etc.......
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals