Dealers lower premiums and inventory is back to normal

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Dealers lower premiums and inventory is back to normal

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:10 pm

Today I received this "EXCLUSIVE EMAIL OFFER" from SD bullion...

2023 1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf Coins
Was As Low As $87.99 Over Spot
Now As Low As $59.99 Over Spot

1 Kilo Valcambi Silver Bar
Was As Low As $2.49 Over Spot
Now As Low As $1.79 Over Spot

Funny how 2 months ago they had almost no product to sell and had 1 month lag time on shipping.

The lesson here is: Don't ever buy because of FOMO. There will ALWAYS be another opportunity to buy it cheaper. I don't care what Andy Schectman says.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Dealers lower premiums and inventory is back to normal

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:15 pm

Received more "FLASH SALE" emails today from JM, SD and Apmex.

CMLs $4-5 over spot, and other greatly reduced prices.

Buying has dried up and these dealers have inventory coming out of their ears.

Looks like blipcoin FOMO is starting again (ridiculous as that may be, ppl never seem to learn their lesson).

If you've been wanting to buy Ag, hold off a little longer and save your cash. Sub $20 here we come.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:31 am

Even more premium reductions this week.

90% now $6.50 over spot...

https://sdbullion.com/90-percent-silver-100-dollar-face-value-bag

2 months ago people were paying about $3000 for a $100FV bag - ouch.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:34 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Even more premium reductions this week.

30 times face- WOW!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Even more premium reductions this week.

30 times face- WOW!

Yup, I was tracking the 90% Apmex inventory every hour. Many ppl bought at that price. It was the regional bank failure FOMO that did it. Fear and greed will ruin a person.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:04 am

I noticed something interesting about silver and I’m using the silver ETF that trades under the symbol SLV.

Since 7/6 the SLV has gone up an impressive 10.4% in 8 trading days. The only 2 trading days with gains of 2% or more had trading volumes of 22 million and 24 million shares vs. the average of 15 million shares. Ideally, you want up days to have bigger volume and down days to have below average volume.

I know that 8 trading days is a very small sample size, but… so far so good.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:58 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I noticed something interesting about silver and I’m using the silver ETF that trades under the symbol SLV.

Since 7/6 the SLV has gone up an impressive 10.4% in 8 trading days. The only 2 trading days with gains of 2% or more had trading volumes of 22 million and 24 million shares vs. the average of 15 million shares. Ideally, you want up days to have bigger volume and down days to have below average volume.

The price movement of SLV has nothing to do with physical premiums, which is what this thread is about.

Please stop jacking my threads with this stuff.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:00 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:I noticed something interesting about silver and I’m using the silver ETF that trades under the symbol SLV.

The price movement of SLV has nothing to do with physical premiums, which is what this thread is about.

The primary comparison should be against the USD (yes, there are secondary factors that sometimes rise to the top). These below are 100% physical funds, every gram represented by them is located in an audited RCM vault and inspectable (if you have enough of it). The two primary rules of PM continue to hold:

1) Gold follows the USD more than any other marker.
2) Silver has a long history of rising at least 2x faster than Gold on the upside, and dropping at least 2X faster than gold on the downside.

Code: Select all
       Jul 6   Jul 19  %diff
USD    103.09  100.29  -2.792
PHYS    14.85   15.42  +3.696
PSLV     7.76    8.60  +9.767

So the primary bet in in this game has long been against the USD. If you think you know what the USD is going to do, place your bets. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting stampeded (which I did in 2012 when I thought I understood the game, and then realized after some initial wins that I didn't).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:43 pm

I know someone who was paying spot + $5 x .715 x face for silver halves on 3/23/23. As of 7/20/23 it is down to spot + $1.50. He still pays the same amount for 40%ers- spot x .271.

Recyclersteve

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:15 am

Premiums on everything is coming way down now.

I given you guys my opinions on Andy ("I've never seen anything like this before") Schectman many times in the past... he must be having a heart attack right now. The only thing guys like him care about is PREMIUM$. He'll tell you anything to get his sales up.

The major lesson here is NEVER buy when any dealer is using fear mongering hype to sell you. FOMO will destroy you.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:47 am

Well, no. FOMO is not a catastrophe, unless you do stupid things like put everything you have into options. For some people just waking up to the slow motion train wreck, FOMO may save some of them at the appropriate time. And the only loss one takes if you bought a little high is when one sells below that price. If you buy to hold, eventually an overpriced purchase will go above water. So if you buy a bit high, don't panic.

Can one better optimize their purchases? Absolutely. That is a learned skill set, and being afraid to buy until the "right" time will lead too many people to end up with nothing. So if you don't own PMs, buy something and learn from it..Then do a better job of buying the next time, etc.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Today I received this "EXCLUSIVE EMAIL OFFER" from SD bullion...

Funny how 2 months ago they had almost no product to sell and had 1 month lag time on shipping.

The lesson here is: Don't ever buy because of FOMO. There will ALWAYS be another opportunity to buy it cheaper. I don't care what Andy Schectman says.

dear brother Penny, morning.......what does "FOMO" mean?......and anything i write in this thread, i am NOT "trolling"....i might have a different appreciation of silver, and its role in my "roll".....you wrote "There will ALWAYS be another opportunity to buy it cheaper.".........i dont understand "cheaper"....here's why, and i've said this before, to me , "stacking" is not an "investment"............when i think in terms of "cheaper", i think in cattle, and not the board, meaning a guy i know has five red angus feeders.......and wants 2500 for the lot, i'm gonna be paying him in those S+H greenstamp coupons they call "dollars"...i might say "i got $2,000 for them".....and he might say, "ok"....or he might say, "naw, i need 2500", at which point, i'll say "deal", because around here "in this small town" (go Jason!!!) thats not good manners......what i'm trying to say is, when i buy to stack, i know what the basis is, but i dont care...since i started stacking in the early 21st century, i have not sold ONE toz...what am i gonna sell it for? paper money?.......NO WAY...mark my words brothers, gonna come a day, maybe soon, or sooner, but $10,000 "dollars" will buy you 2 loafs of bread, 2 cans of pork and beans........and maybe some junky gatorade.

$31 trillion dollars in debt? that is CRIMINAL, except NONE of these criminals are facing the punishment due them...sorry...Penny, i aint trying hijack the thread......what i been buying is a mix of rolls of high value 90%'s, and slabbed 20 toz ASES....and if i told you all the basis i paid you would say i'm nutz....its okay, i been called worse(lol), respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:50 am

68Camaro wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

The primary comparison should be against the USD (yes, there are secondary factors that sometimes rise to the top). These below are 100% physical funds, every gram represented by them is located in an audited RCM vault and inspectable (if you have enough of it). The two primary rules of PM continue to hold:

1) Gold follows the USD more than any other marker.
2) Silver has a long history of rising at least 2x faster than Gold on the upside, and dropping at least 2X faster than gold on the downside.

Code: Select all
       Jul 6   Jul 19  %diff
USD    103.09  100.29  -2.792
PHYS    14.85   15.42  +3.696
PSLV     7.76    8.60  +9.767

So the primary bet in in this game has long been against the USD. If you think you know what the USD is going to do, place your bets. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting stampeded (which I did in 2012 when I thought I understood the game, and then realized after some initial wins that I didn't).

Good afternoon, dear pal R68!!!
i'm responding coz of one line you wrote: "If you think you know what the USD is going to do, place your bets. "

Toilet paper....when? DK....but along with any stack i might have, i got enough s+h greenstamp coupons to buy a car here at the place....am i nervous? not at all........but i am very alarmed at how our own commie bastard 'leadership continue supporting these F######g ukrainain nazi hillbillies because we are in more danger than the 62 Cuban missile crisis and the 1983 "Able Archer" event.......we came two steps from Global nuclear warfare......its closer now than those two events......very alarmed, God protect you all, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Hey Neil - well sure, the USD is going into the toilet, so yes we know the outcome of the "war" - the USD (and all fiat currency) loses. I was really addressing the daily pricing battles discussed above where in the short-term the dollar goes up and PMs appear to get "cheaper", and the dollar goes down and PMs appear to get more "expensive".

Good to hear from you (again). Don't go away so long!
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:09 pm

68Camaro wrote:Hey Neil - well sure, the USD is going into the toilet, so yes we know the outcome of the "war" - the USD (and all fiat currency) loses. I was really addressing the daily pricing battles discussed above where in the short-term the dollar goes up and PMs appear to get "cheaper", and the dollar goes down and PMs appear to get more "expensive".

Good to hear from you (again). Don't go away so long!

Hey brother!!! i wasnt fussing with you, i knew what you were saying.....as a patriot, i'm just broken hearted, in so many ways.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:18 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Today I received this "EXCLUSIVE EMAIL OFFER" from SD bullion...

dear brother Penny, morning.......what does "FOMO" mean?......and anything i write in this thread, i am NOT "trolling"....i might have a different appreciation of silver, and its role in my "roll".....you wrote "There will ALWAYS be another opportunity to buy it cheaper.".........i dont understand "cheaper"....here's why, and i've said this before, to me , "stacking" is not an "investment"............when i think in terms of "cheaper", i think in cattle, and not the board, meaning a guy i know has five red angus feeders.......and wants 2500 for the lot, i'm gonna be paying him in those S+H greenstamp coupons they call "dollars"...i might say "i got $2,000 for them".....and he might say, "ok"....or he might say, "naw, i need 2500", at which point, i'll say "deal", because around here "in this small town" (go Jason!!!) thats not good manners......what i'm trying to say is, when i buy to stack, i know what the basis is, but i dont care...since i started stacking in the early 21st century, i have not sold ONE toz...what am i gonna sell it for? paper money?.......NO WAY...mark my words brothers, gonna come a day, maybe soon, or sooner, but $10,000 "dollars" will buy you 2 loafs of bread, 2 cans of pork and beans........and maybe some junky gatorade.

$31 trillion dollars in debt? that is CRIMINAL, except NONE of these criminals are facing the punishment due them...sorry...Penny, i aint trying hijack the thread......what i been buying is a mix of rolls of high value 90%'s, and slabbed 20 toz ASES....and if i told you all the basis i paid you would say i'm nutz....its okay, i been called worse(lol), respectfully, neil

FOMO = "Fear Of Missing Out"

"Cheaper" = defined here as: Using less US fiat dollars to buy a real/hard asset.

If you are buying something real, you're definitely not nutz. Trading paper for something real is the way to go. However, we have a fiduciary duty to ourselves to pay less fiat dollars for things, not more. I hate the current fiat dollar system as much as you do, but at present it's all we have and have to deal with it.

I still have a few of my green stamps books from the 70's. Fun nostalgia, but totally worthless now.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals