Lcs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Lcs

Postby cwgii » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:05 pm

Yesterday I was at several LCS , seeing what they would pay.
War nickels...25 at one .50 the other
40% halves...both 2

I know they have to make money but sheesh
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Lcs

Postby Silver4face » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:36 pm

cwgii wrote:Yesterday I was at several LCS , seeing what they would pay.
War nickels...25 at one .50 the other
40% halves...both 2

Sounds like they don't want to pay a fair price. Didn't you ask about 90 percent?
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cwgii » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:09 am

No,as I was holding that back. Trying to start from the bottom.
cwgii

Postby coindood » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:27 am

See my post from last year regarding war nickels.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45700

Seems like nothing's changed since then.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:27 pm

Back in early Sept when gold was $1950 or so I asked my LCS guy how much he was paying for a 1oz uncirculated gold CML. He said since many more people are bringing in gold coins, he was only paying $1800.

Why would sellers sell so far below the spot price?...

1. Lots of people out there are extremely desperate. They need cash to pay bills. Inflation is killing them.
2. Sellers do not care what they get if their relative died and left them the coins (i.e. free money).
3. The coins could be stolen and/or they need cash for drugs.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:47 pm

4. They are ignorant AND too stupid to change that.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:24 am

68Camaro wrote:4. They are ignorant AND too stupid to change that.

Younglings would rather have blipcoins.

:roll: :cry:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:24 am

cwgii wrote:...

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Silver4face » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
68Camaro wrote:4. They are ignorant AND too stupid to change that.

Younglings would rather have blipcoins.

:roll: :cry:
At first I thought you meant BITCOIN, but then I discovered that there is this blipcoin crap in addition to the Bitcoin garbage. It says that blipcoin is worth $259 thousand while Bitcoin is worth $43 thousand. In my opinion, they should be worth ZERO or better yet, non existent.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cwgii » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:11 pm

Supposedly the place I went today ,has the highest payout....well I sold a few things ,just to see how they did things..
Xfr all the coins. Weigh them.

$17 for cull dollars..I checked melt before I took them in...$17.64.
CDN 1$. Paid 12, melt 13.61

Offered 20 for a 1 ounce round..brought that one home.
Worst was 90% halves. 8.61 got 6.85 ouch.

Asked about 40 percent halves ...3,00

Nickels 1.28///.80

Last 2 are on par with coin shop

Left pmr, on the way home. Got totalled by a lady running a red light, to get her grand daughter from school.. I will be Very sore tomorrow.

So ,now I will be,,,forced,, to sell off my silver. Drats.
cwgii

Postby coindood » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:03 pm

cwgii wrote:Left pmr, on the way home. Got totalled by a lady running a red light, to get her grand daughter from school.. I will be Very sore tomorrow.

So ,now I will be,,,forced,, to sell off my silver. Drats.

Whoa, glad you're not worse off.

As soon as you can, lawyer up. The settlement should allow you to keep your stash.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cwgii » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:30 am

Ya but... Need $$ now for a vehicle.
cwgii

Postby pmbug » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:48 am

Check your auto insurance. They might cover a rental car for up to 20 days while claims get processed.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby galenrog » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:56 pm

Getting back to the original post from last month. The primary reason War nickels are bought for so little is the difficulty of recovering silver from the crap alloy used. Much the same can be said for 40% halves.

90% halves are 90% silver and 10% copper. Recovery and refining are easy and straightforward. Alloys containing other metals can be VERY problematic.

Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby cwgii » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:11 pm

pmbug wrote:Check your auto insurance. They might cover a rental car for up to 20 days while claims get processed.

Bummer, I did Not have full coverage. Just liability. Crappp
cwgii

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:26 pm

If it was the other persons fault then their insurance should pay for a rental car.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:56 am

cwgii wrote:Left pmr, on the way home. Got totalled by a lady running a red light, to get her grand daughter from school.. I will be Very sore tomorrow.

Besides Asians, these maniac soccer moms are the absolute worst drivers and cause many accidents.
Last edited by Cu Penny Hoarder on Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:59 am

TXSTARFIRE wrote:If it was the other persons fault then their insurance should pay for a rental car.

And his car damage, and his pain and suffering. Hopefully he has a police report.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:46 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

Besides Asians, these maniac soccer moms are the absolute worst drivers and cause many accidents.

Being as I am in Tucson, Mexican are the largest part of the population.
cwgii

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:40 pm

cwgii wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

Being as I am in Tucson, Mexican are the largest part of the population.

When I lived in So Cal we used to joke the "BC" on their license plate meant "BE CAREFUL"
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:35 pm

Well the Mexican that totalled me could not ,flee the scene. Her truck lost its radiator ..unable to move from the middle of the intersection.
cwgii

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 pm

galenrog wrote:Getting back to the original post from last month. The primary reason War nickels are bought for so little is the difficulty of recovering silver from the crap alloy used. Much the same can be said for 40% halves.

90% halves are 90% silver and 10% copper. Recovery and refining are easy and straightforward. Alloys containing other metals can be VERY problematic.

Time for more coffee.

War nickels are 9% manganese, which is pretty disgusting stuff. You can use Google to see the dangers of it. I’d much rather own 90% halves.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:51 pm

Silver sucks. Everyone says it's worth $$$, until you try to sell it for some, lol.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:54 pm

pmbug wrote:
cwgii wrote:...

He talks down everything, unless it's a diary from George Washington or some Civil War musket :(

I wouldn't go into his store to sell a thing. Even antique stuff, they are quick to point out if a box has damage to it. Seriously??!! I can't even watch that show anymore :(
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:06 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
galenrog wrote:Getting back to the original post from last month. The primary reason War nickels are bought for so little is the difficulty of recovering silver from the crap alloy used. Much the same can be said for 40% halves.

Time for more coffee.

War nickels are 9% manganese, which is pretty disgusting stuff. You can use Google to see the dangers of it. I’d much rather own 90% halves.

? Manganese is a necessity as a dietary mineral, which you can't say about nickel. Manganese is a great alloying element for steels. It does oxidize which, with the silver, is what makes war nickels appear "dirty". Sure, a common garage shop isn't going to smelt down war nickels and get the silver out, but for a commercial operation it's not a big deal. You just aren't going to get melt for them. Maybe 85% of melt.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals