Sold some Au today at $2190

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sold some Au today at $2190

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:49 pm

Some foreign stuff that I've had for a very long time. Even though they might not pay as much as some of the other dealers, Apmex is ridiculously easy to sell to. All the shipping logistics are already set with UPS for you. They send you the labels, then all you gotta do is pack it, slap the labels on and drop it off at UPS store. Cash gets deposited in your bank account 1-2 business days after they receive it. Easy peasy. No hassles, heartaches or lost sleep.

I was able to shoot the breeze with their purchase manager for a bit. I asked him about the current PM market. Many more ppl are selling Au than buying it, about a 70:30 ratio. He said Ag was selling a bit better than gold was, but not flying off the shelf like it was in April-July 2023.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Sold some Au today at $2190

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:57 pm

People are selling now because they are either rebalancing and or off loading less desirable stuff (like you, not many) or more likely cashing in on what they think is a high, not considering that this may be an intermediate high on the way to 5000 or 10,000 (which I believe I will see in my lifetime). In 5+ years we'll be looking back on $2200 gold like we remember $200 gold now.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:15 pm

68Camaro wrote:People are selling now because they are either rebalancing and or off loading less desirable stuff (like you, not many) or more likely cashing in on what they think is a high, not considering that this may be an intermediate high on the way to 5000 or 10,000 (which I believe I will see in my lifetime). In 5+ years we'll be looking back on $2200 gold like we remember $200 gold now.

Excluding inflation, it was close to 350% profit, so what the heck. I needed the extra cash for some things I want to buy at the "pew-pew" show in April.

People are also selling PMs to pay their bills.

In a SHTF scenario (depending on the severity) I believe foreign gold won't be readily acceptable as US bullion. I can see US fractional bullion being the most sought after (also 90% silver coins).

I also can see a $5-10K gold price in the future, but I/we could be dead by the time that occurs. Gotta be realistic about this though... just look how long TPTB have been able to suppress the prices. Silver has been a real disappointment, it should be way over $100 by now, it's mind boggling really. I'll probably let a few ounces go the next time it gets close to $50.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:16 pm

Nice!!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals