Site traffic

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Site traffic

Postby slvrbck » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:28 am

I think this has been covered before, but where is everyone?? I don’t post much but have lurked since ~2008. Back then this site was buzzing with posts and discussion. Traffic just seems to be minimal recently, especially considering these big moves. Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else that everyone went?
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Re: Site traffic

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am

I think most are on Bullionstacker as well. There seems to be more activity over there, but I read all posts on both sites. The other forums I am on are also slow and I think that some of the folks have left for social media sites. I dont do social media but are there coin specific groups on social media?
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theshoenlebens » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:49 am

TXSTARFIRE wrote:I think most are on Bullionstacker as well. There seems to be more activity over there, but I read all posts on both sites. The other forums I am on are also slow and I think that some of the folks have left for social media sites. I dont do social media but are there coin specific groups on social media?

I would whole-heartily agree. Social media coin sites are a little scary. Seems almost weekly there are posts from someone getting scammed.
There are several from here and B.S. that are on my social sites selling, maybe they can comment on their experience selling?
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pmbug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:17 pm

A few years ago Google decided to diminish forums in their search results in favor of Reddit. Most forums - on any topic - have suffered "the withering" as a result.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby chris6084 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:15 pm

I feel like Bullionstacker traffic is way down as well.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:29 am

chris6084 wrote:I feel like Bullionstacker traffic is way down as well.

I agree. The core members are still posting but new members are rare.
MaxGravy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:23 am

I agree with everything said here. I don't frequent bullionstacker but I will check it out now and then. I do miss the tangible "buzz" that used to be here. I started "lurking" here in 2009 then joined in 2010. That was 14 years ago. Time and age have caught up to many folks here and we haven't seemed to have added much new blood (see previous posts re:reddit etc.). I offer no answers nor do I offer any advice on how to improve realcent. I love this site and despite the fact that I have never personally met any of you, I consider you all friends, if only in a cyber sense. Maybe when the public really gets into a big move in the metals we will see a pick up in activity here. Until then, enjoy the company, the banter and the information from the core group here.

And keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:07 pm

I wonder if information overload could be a part of it.

There is just SO MUCH INFORMATION out there that it is often hard to sift through it all and pick out the key points. As I get older time is much more precious, yet info is that much more voluminous. Sad combo, and it forces me to avoid reading some posts that are likely very informative.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals