I'm not a TA chartist but

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I'm not a TA chartist but

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 pm

if I was, I might say that Gold has formed a symmetrical triangle pattern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_(chart_pattern)
indicating a big move soon to either upside or downside.

Looks like it might happen tonight. Going to bed - will see what I find in the morning. (A sort of present to be unwrapped in the morning!)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I'm not a TA chartist but

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 am

And by mid-morning it looks like gold is trying to work a break-out to the high side. Europe crashed at end of their day, and Dow is crashing again today. I think we've got a break-out pattern on Gold further to the high side. We could see $1800 gold before end of day.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 am

gee whiz! 30 years in the markets, and i have never seen anything like this. go check the futures that are up, obviously the PM's, but wheat is up, corn was up a titch, last i looked Crude was holding, but Gold is just MOVING, that's no bubble, that is BIG MONEY getting scared, and ramping in, and finally Silver's moving too.

like i keep saying, it might NOT be the end of the world, but it sure FEELS like it...lol.

i would bet all the money in my pockets, that President wants out, in his heart of hearts, that secret place we all have, he is going to do everything he can, to a be a one term President. and a lot of you might go "yippy!", but i havent seen one Republican outside of chris Christie, who's worth a damn..and now you got the latest GOP entry, who doesnt want to be the Commander in Chief, he's vying for the role of "Pastor-in-Chief"....thats just what we need, a nice theocracy...oh boy.....note to self, next purchase....Utah Shelters Systems, basic bomb shelter model...i can stash my box of Bibles down there!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:47 pm

We're still in the early stages of a tipping point. We haven't gone fully unstable yet (no recovery from that, and by the time you realize it - too late), but we're still heading in the wrong direction at the edge of a cliff.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 pm

68Camaro wrote:if I was, I might say that Gold has formed a symmetrical triangle pattern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_(chart_pattern)
indicating a big move soon to either upside or downside.

Looks like it might happen tonight. Going to bed - will see what I find in the morning. (A sort of present to be unwrapped in the morning!)

I'm glad we have the talented Brother Rich at the helm, to help us avoid any icebergs ahead. :mrgreen: Appears to be clear sailing for the foreseeable future Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Happy to be able to be lucky, one little time; a minor victory when the charts happened to align just right in a classic fashion. Just don't ask me to predict tomorrow! ;)
68Camaro

Postby fb101 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Now if the comex would just stop changing the rules mid game............
fb101

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 pm

fb101 wrote:Now if the comex would just stop changing the rules mid game............

Well, margin call changes are part of the scene. This one wasn't unreasonable, actually. And the price has survived it remarkably well. But it does cause a reset on any trends, as changing the rules has to create a discontinuity in the charts.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals