Jump on it

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Jump on it

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Check the counter total on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-LIBERTY-WA ... 3f0d5f097f

Read the auction description. Get down on this one.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Jump on it

Postby Thogey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Did he screw up that listing or what?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Is this your auction?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Thogey wrote:Is this your auction?

No. Just thought it was one of those sleeper auctions but who knows. Someone here may get some SAEs near spot. LOL. I think someone here bid on it as soon as I posted the link.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm

JerrySpringer wrote:
Thogey wrote:Is this your auction?

No. Just thought it was one of those sleeper auctions but who knows. Someone here may get some SAEs near spot. LOL. I think someone here bid on it as soon as I posted the link.

:mrgreen:
Thogey

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Thogey wrote: :mrgreen:

Bwahahahahahahaahaa!
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:04 pm

JerrySpringer wrote:Check the counter total on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-LIBERTY-WA ... 3f0d5f097f

Read the auction description. Get down on this one.

hear that sound?...thats my EWR going off, Thogey knows what that is...see ya.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am

Jump on it:

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 am

JerrySpringer wrote:Jump on it:

3 SAEs for $110. I'm tempted...
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:38 am

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby needler420 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 am

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:

You could buy 3 ASE from an online dealer and pay shipping and it be the same price.

I just ordered 1 ASE and 2 random bars for $105.83 from provident metals. Replace my two random bars with the Premium for an ASE and you'd be at $110 shipped.

IMO id certainly rather do business with a reputable dealer if it ain't saving me anything significant.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 am

needler420 wrote:
TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:

You could buy 3 ASE from an online dealer and pay shipping and it be the same price.

I just ordered 1 ASE and 2 random bars for $105.83 from provident metals. Replace my two random bars with the Premium for an ASE and you'd be at $110 shipped.

IMO id certainly rather do business with a reputable dealer if it ain't saving me anything significant.

Silver is going to go down in price anyway. Nobody jumped on the auction yet. People must not be combing through the listings like they were a few weeks ago.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:08 pm

[/quote]

Silver is going to go down in price anyway. Nobody jumped on the auction yet. People must not be combing through the listings like they were a few weeks ago.[/quote]

I don't agree that it's going to go down much further, but I do agree that average people tend to buy when it's skying instead of when it dumps. They do the same thing with the stock market, real estate, beanie babies, tulip bulbs, etc... When the masses are in a frenzy to buy a certain asset class, you should be selling. PMs have come nowhere near that yet.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Hoosier daddy:

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppertop » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:13 pm

3 for $102.50 is a good deal .. more please =)
Coppertop

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Coppertop wrote:3 for $102.50 is a good deal .. more please =)

I'm telling ya. I think some sellers need money ASAP and maybe have a low,low cost basis anyway? I casually look for buy-it-nows. Not really trying to make a pilgrimage. I do think it is interesting that some lower premium deals are not scooped up so swiftly. Anyone wanna guess that potential buyers are not fired up about prices going higher as fast as they did earlier in the year? Who knows, but I have fingers crossed and some SLV as a contrarian hedge.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 pm

This one is comical:

If only one is sold, will that buyer win ?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:17 am

TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PennyBoy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:18 am

When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:50 am

Bumping this thread for the lolz. Silver prices 5.5 years ago were a lot HIGHER! The excitement of buying $45 silver and thinking it was a good buy. Now I am a cheap sob and roll my eyes at $17 silver.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 am

$16 silver is a great deal, and since I just recently had a tragic loss of my stock in a boating accident when I was moving it to what was supposed to be a safer location, this is the time to re-stock from such a loss. That said, while the 3rd quarter 2011 prices were somewhat hyperbolic and hysterical, which is what happens in such a run-up event, it's also true that in the past 10 years the world has experienced multiple global near-meltdowns that were averted (not solved, the problems still exist and are greater than ever) only by unprecedented multi-national intervention. It was the uncertainty over how far TPTB would be willing to go to maintain the status quo, and how successful they would be, that justified building a physical holding even at higher prices. Now that prices are (and have been) lower again, but the global economic and political issues remain more serious than ever, for anyone that is on the sidelines of PMs wondering when to buy - the time to buy is now. Paper manipulation-based prices are so low that mines are being furloughed for lack of profit, and global production is tailing off.

Yep, in addition to buying some silver in the single digits (not enough) and teens, I bought silver into the 20s, 30s and into the upper 40s. I had a good reason for it, and that reason remains in effect. Hindsight is always 20/20; you can't go back. Dollar cost average to a better position, and hold tight.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:30 am

68Camaro wrote:$16 silver is a great deal, and since I just recently had a tragic loss of my stock in a boating accident when I was moving it to what was supposed to be a safer location, this is the time to re-stock from such a loss. That said, while the 3rd quarter 2011 prices were somewhat hyperbolic and hysterical, which is what happens in such a run-up event, it's also true that in the past 10 years the world has experienced multiple global near-meltdowns that were averted (not solved, the problems still exist and are greater than ever) only by unprecedented multi-national intervention. It was the uncertainty over how far TPTB would be willing to go to maintain the status quo, and how successful they would be, that justified building a physical holding even at higher prices. Now that prices are (and have been) lower again, but the global economic and political issues remain more serious than ever, for anyone that is on the sidelines of PMs wondering when to buy - the time to buy is now. Paper manipulation-based prices are so low that mines are being furloughed for lack of profit, and global production is tailing off.

Yep, in addition to buying some silver in the single digits (not enough) and teens, I bought silver into the 20s, 30s and into the upper 40s. I had a good reason for it, and that reason remains in effect. Hindsight is always 20/20; you can't go back. Dollar cost average to a better position, and hold tight.

What he said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
But for right now, I'm doing as Olympian's do 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Robarons » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm

These old posts are amusing!

Remember selling Canadian 80% silver for 23x and buying .999 rounds for $30. With that being said I am currently is cost averaging mode!
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Tulip mania is over, even physical demand for silver is falling, possible spread this year of 14-21 according to analysts. I already splurged after Christmas and am holding out again for a repeat of last year.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Was talking to my dealer friend about one of our transactions about 4 years ago. He had a platinum Eagle 1 oz. Back then platinum was hard to come by and the premiums for eagles were thru the roof, but he wanted to move his so he priced it well. I was just a small time sorter and only bought wheats from the guy for years since I was younger so I dropped a 1 k-rand and $500 cash for the difference in spot to buy it.

He about had a heart-attack that a young kid who never bought more than $50 at once had a K-rand to make this deal. We did it and the Platinum eagle did well until it didnt- he still brings it up to this day. Even though platinum is much lower now I still would have gotten burnt on the gold- think it was $1400 gold/ $1800 plat
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals