2013 Yard Sale, Auction, & Flee Market FINDS

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: 2013 Yard Sale, Auction, & Flee Market FINDS

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Bought 4 huge binders of "gold" dollars and kennedy halves in 2x2's for the $2100.00 asking price- Sold $1922 FV in common stuff (some S mints and other nice looking stuff) for $1950 cash on CL. Sold 99 proofs on eBay for $170.00 - Kept $700 worth silver halves for just about nothing ($700 silver value, not $700 FV) My fav. is the BU 1970 Kennedy - Whoop, Whoop.

Got a typewriter for $0.25 at a thrift store and flipped it quick on CL for $30.00 to a bright eyed young lass.

Got a tandem bike for FREE and flipped it for $150 on CL 2 days later to 2 college kids who were psyched (and likely stoned) out of their minds. Hope it gets them laid, haha.

That's just the last week. People ask me where I get money to buy coins and guns, and this is the answer. While they are watching the booob tooob, I am flipping stuff.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silversnacher » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Believe it or not I've actually made hundreds of dollars this year off of USED clothing, as long as you know what to look for in thrift stores you can make some big money. My favorite brand to flip has got to be Robert Graham, especially the long sleeve flip cuff vibrant sport shirts :D

http://postimg.org/image/3oibealuf/
I accept paypal or check/concealed cash when selling
Silversnacher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:00 am

Silversnacher wrote:Believe it or not I've actually made hundreds of dollars this year off of USED clothing, as long as you know what to look for in thrift stores you can make some big money. My favorite brand to flip has got to be Robert Graham, especially the long sleeve flip cuff vibrant sport shirts :D

How can this be? $200 shirts at a thrift store?!?!? You have to live in California.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:12 am

Silversnacher wrote:Believe it or not I've actually made hundreds of dollars this year off of USED clothing, as long as you know what to look for in thrift stores you can make some big money. My favorite brand to flip has got to be Robert Graham, especially the long sleeve flip cuff vibrant sport shirts :D

Do you look for specific sizes?
How important is condition?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

If I have to start looking through clothes too at thrift stores, I'm going to really have a tough time getting anything else done. I'm going to try to block that nugget of info out of my mind for now :lol: Nice find though.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Franco American » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Found a pair of weighted sterling candelabras at the Salvation Army this week for $10
Franco American
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Tracking Threads Only