*Official June 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

*Official June 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Country » Fri May 31, 2019 3:07 pm

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: *Official June 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby cwgii » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:07 am

$130 cwr halves, nifc 02,04.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 am

Friday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 65!

Saturday's box of halves....... skunk.......
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:09 am

Skunk on $50 Canadian dimes, $3 in Large dollars and 1 half. Not even a US dime to show for the effort. Was given a Barbados quarter though.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:57 am

Wednesday's box of halves yielded......1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm

About $200 in US halves from various banks only gave up a few more 2018Ds and a scruffy 2002. Most of the coins were from one bank and many of the 2018Ds had a black marker dot from a searcher who wrecked them for any collector. I'm having a hard time believing 2018Ds are NIFC because I'm finding them all over NW Washington State.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:14 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am

Friday's box of halves.......... skunk.........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Ok saabman and others, I've got one for you.

I was traveling in the Cincinnati, OH area last Friday (back home now) and my wife wanted to go to the small town of Chillicothe, OH to do something. I was bored but needed to drive her, so I figured I'd stop in some local banks while there.

I went to 4 banks in town and got nothing. In fact, I was only able to get a single clad half dollar from all 4 banks. I figured I had a few more minutes before going back to pick up my wife so I tried one more bank. I walked into a PNC bank in Chillicothe and got a total of $56.00 face value in halves.

From that $56.00 I found the following:

(1) 1964 half dollar
(25) 40% silver half dollars

So 26 of the 112 half dollars (23.2%) were silver! It isn't over yet. I was literally headed to the Cincinnati airport yesterday, which is in northern Kentucky. I saw a jewelry store in northern Kentucky which had a sign saying that they buy gold, silver etc. I figured the guy would offer me some ridiculous price for the halves, but still decided to go in. It's a bit complicated, but I decided to sell only the 40%ers and hold back the 1964. He asked me what I wanted for the 40%ers and I replied "$3 each". I had seen him negotiate with the guy there before me and thought he'd try and counteroffer with something lower. Nope, he paid me $3 each for these! Coininfo.com shows these are currently worth $2.18 each. So, 25 halves that cost me $12.50 (face value) were sold three days later on the same trip for $75, a tidy profit of $62.50. Even my wife was impressed with that, and she is hard to impress.

Now an extra $62.50 isn't gonna make me rich or change my lifestyle, but experiences like this are fun and a good part of what keeps me going.

P.S. At the bank where I got all the silver I asked the first teller if she had any halves and she had 12 in her change tray. The lighting there wasn't the best, but it appeared that 1 or 2 could be silver. All 12 were silver! I then asked the teller next to her if she had any silver and she went into the vault and got 5 rolls ($50). From those 5 rolls I got another 14 silver halves (13 + the 1964).
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Wow!!!! Awesome score!!! WTG!!! Great story too. Did you happen to get the address of the place buying 40% for $3.00?
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Saabman wrote:Wow!!!! Awesome score!!! WTG!!! Great story too. Did you happen to get the address of the place buying 40% for $3.00?

I did, but I don't think the guy will ever pay that price again. He had to call the boss before doing the deal and just decided to go ahead and do it since the boss didn't return his call right away. I don't think I should mention it on a public forum anyway.

What made me smell blood a little bit was when he was talking to the guy ahead of me and told him he'd pay $2 each for war nickels from 1942-1944. First, they are only worth 80-85 cents each. Second, it was 42-45, not 42-44 and only some of the 42's contained silver, which he didn't appear to be aware of. So there are some people out there who just don't know what they are doing.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 pm

$50 Canadian dimes yielded almost half a roll of US dimes. No silver.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:04 am

Thursday's box of halves........ skunk........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:48 am

Friday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 68!

Saturday's box of halves.......skunk......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 pm

18.50 in oddities bin had no silver
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby coppernickel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 pm

$34 Nickels --> nada,
no war nickels,
no Canadian,
nothing worth segregating,
dates were mixed from 1958-2019. Sources from multiple places.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:32 pm

$17.50 in Canadian 1/2s and large dollars = skunk
$21.50 in US 1/2s was a skunk for silver. Got a few more 2018Ds which I've found in many banks all over Washington state on various visits.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 am

Wednesday's box of halves ........... skunkage.......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 am

Thursday's box of halves.......skunk.......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 pm

$70.50 in 1/2s in small town Oregon => nothing. First time getting a machine wrapped roll in a long time. Teller said they order them for someone and would have some next week. Clerk at hardware store asked if I was the guy that has been saving 1/2s for years and spends them at Ace Hardware sometimes. I smell a CRHer in this little town.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:39 am

Friday's box of halves yielded.... 1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:12 pm

$42 in Canadian 1/2s and large dollars and a roll of dimes yielded a single US dime.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Wednesday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 66!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded........ 1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Return to Tracking Threads Only