*Official January 2020 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: *Official January 2020 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Saabman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:26 am

68Camaro wrote:Fabulous! Any indication of whether these might be from a returned hoard, or tapping into an unsearched part of a old stored pallet of halves?

Go for it - order as many as you can until it taps out!

I haven't a clue where these came from........but all of them are BU's. I mean they are blast white. Crazy!

I'm calling the bank today and I'll ask if they can get a couple of more boxes this week.........
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Saabman wrote:Should have labeled the picture...... All 131 halves found in the last three boxes.......

This brings up an interesting situation. You don't want to appear to be too excited when going into the bank as bank employees will start to wonder what they are missing out on. Then all you need is for one enterprising employee to start researching silver halves on the internet and perhaps coming to a site like this one. Next thing you know, they are competing against you and the well runs dry.

Not trying to be negative at all, but I'd be very low key at the bank and say something like "it looks like I will be needing more halves than I thought. I can use another $xxx (or $xxxx if you prefer)." When you are back in your car and about a half mile away, then you can shout to the rooftops (assuming no cops are around to pull you over and question you)...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:57 am

Congratulations on the dream silver vein you have struck. Keep on mining.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:01 am

By my calculations, Saabman has found over $800 in silver coins in his last 3 boxes of halves.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:01 am

Holy cow Roger!! You deserve it. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Two boxes of nickels, no silver, or numismatic coins.

The first box was clearly rolled and boxed by Loomis.
The second box was CWR in a Wells Fargo box. This box shows evidence of a previous sorting. Lots of bank wrapping paper, most showed the yellow colour of half dollar rolls.

Not a big score, but nickels are nickels. This run was an attempt to be productive, sane, while being trapped inside for a week.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:45 am

Thank you all! This is such a supportive community!!!

It was fun while it lasted!!! Wednesday's box of halves yielded....1 x 63 :-D !
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 pm

Thursday's box of halves ........skunk.....
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:11 pm

What happened...all those 64's and now no reports for a month.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:31 am

shinnosuke wrote:What happened...all those 64's and now no reports for a month.

Shinn -

January was no doubt one of my best month's........ever!

Check out the February's thread........good stuff over there.....from everyone.....

Glad you're back!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:46 am

Saabman wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:What happened...all those 64's and now no reports for a month.

Shinn -

January was no doubt one of my best month's........ever!

Check out the February's thread........good stuff over there.....from everyone.....

Glad you're back!!!!

Doh! I'm an idiot. This is the January thread. Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to get up to speed again.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:33 pm

Amazing once again Saabman. Persistence pays off.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Tracking Threads Only