you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 06, 2012 3:47 pm

22.03 for the week

Got 7.40 from a single machine this afternoon. I could barely stuff my hand into the magnet chamber...probably left another dollar or so stuck to it. I was getting nervous about overworking it. On the day, it was 10.07 total, which I think breaks my old record by a buck +/-

Oh, and my $32 bucket of zincolns paid handsomely at another stop, as I was credited $59.65. Someone left $27 in nickels in the hopper. I sped away like a bandit...tires squeeling, dust flying. Might not go back to that branch for awhile :mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Lest I forget, I also won this nifty TD coin bank for guessing within 1.99 of my 2nd zinc dump today

:D
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby henrysmedford » Sun May 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Morsecode wrote:22.03 for the week

Got 7.40 from a single machine this afternoon. I could barely stuff my hand into the magnet chamber...probably left another dollar or so stuck to it. I was getting nervous about overworking it. On the day, it was 10.07 total, which I think breaks my old record by a buck +/-

Oh, and my $32 bucket of zincolns paid handsomely at another stop, as I was credited $59.65. Someone left $27 in nickels in the hopper. I sped away like a bandit...tires squeeling, dust flying. Might not go back to that branch for awhile :mrgreen:

At the Credit Union we go to they do not lock the top of there Jet Sort and Franklin just opens it up himself and then yell out what he finds. :mrgreen:

This is the one.
ImageImageImage
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Sun May 06, 2012 5:29 pm

.25 today
hobo finds

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Morsecode wrote:22.03 for the week

Good grief that's more in a week than I get in 6 months! I have magnet envy!!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Things could be changing for the worse soon enough. A manager told me this week that Garda sent an email around to TD corporate, which was then forwarded to all the branches, that the Arcade magnets should be cleaned twice daily, and ALL foreign coin put in an envelope to be picked up by the Garda driver weekly.

Now mind you, Garda doesn't own the Arcades. They don't service the machines. All they do is pick up the bagged coin from the branch vaults. I said to the manager, it's like they told you any coins found in the parking lot belong to them.

Obviously, they want to horn in on my action. With their reach and resources, if they can get the branches to comply (and so far, few are), they'll be taking tons of Canadian coin across the border.

Funny how they think they can push the bank around. I guess they're playing on the bank's disinterest with the foreign.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby uthminsta » Sun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Morsecode wrote:Lest I forget, I also won this nifty TD coin bank for guessing within 1.99 of my 2nd zinc dump today

Neat bank. Something else in this picture caught my eye though... the coffee tubs. Those are exactly what I use to take my zincs in!!! Folgers Classic Roast... it's the coffee we use at the church, and we go through a lot of them. Our preacher is a coffee nut! Plus hundreds of people drinking it on Sunday mornings... Anyway, I have found that right around $50 fits in one of the larger ones, so I usually have a pretty good idea how much I am taking in, without ever having to count it.
uthminsta

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 am

$1.86 at a lunch-time stop. Got a loonie - my first in a long, long time. Also had a lot of other caribbean and south american coinage on it at the same time that didn't count toward this, but it gave me a moment to envision what Morsecode's hauls might be like. I still have magnet envy! :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby hobo finds » Mon May 07, 2012 11:14 am

Morsecode how manz zincs fill up your new bank? :)
hobo finds

Postby henrysmedford » Mon May 07, 2012 8:26 pm

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue May 08, 2012 1:20 pm

.05, plus a freshly rusted 43 steelie that almost looked like a copper but was on the maget.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Skunked on two machines today, chickened out on two others :D

Bad vibes...I'm starting to get the heebie jeebies at some of these branches. Can't explain why.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby henrysmedford » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Sat May 12, 2012 3:56 pm

I got a measly 76 cents today off the magnet. Then I came home and counted up the whole stash. Total YTD is $76.72
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Too busy putting in retaining walls to sort this week, but this would be a decent haul for me based on last couple of months... :roll:

NHsorter wrote:I got a measly 76 cents today off the magnet. Then I came home and counted up the whole stash. Total YTD is $76.72
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 13, 2012 2:33 pm

$4.05 for the week
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby JobIII » Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm

The magnet didn't really provide a lot for me last week. I didn't get around to counting and I didn't really try to get all the coins. But that was because the reject tube had been clogged with coins. I asked up remove my rejects from the tube and ended up pulling a couple handfuls of US coins. Not sure the total, but just in quarters it was close to $20 dollars, and there were a decent amount of dimes nickels and pennies. I'd have to say it was up around $25 dollars...

Now that I'm not sorting pennies they look so tiny.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Wed May 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Be careful out there. I jammed my greedy mitt into a magnet today and almost cut a finger off on a utility razor blade. I'm hoping it wasn't the bank's way of saying 'Keep Out' :evil:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby NHsorter » Thu May 17, 2012 11:22 am

I have seen a pin or two in my travels, but never a razor blade!

Lately, the magnets around here have been relatively free of junk, and coins. Seems like they are doing a much better job of cleaning off those magnets during the day :cry:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Thu May 17, 2012 6:55 pm

$1.40
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

$0.30
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Fri May 18, 2012 8:03 pm

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby sparechange » Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

$0.10 dime off magnet when I unloaded some nicks yesterday. :)
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm

$0.25
68Camaro

Postby hirbonzig » Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Last friday i found $0.20.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only