you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 20, 2012 2:37 pm

21.26 on the week. The looneys & twooneys are picking back up. A few $2 coins goes a long way in filling out the average 8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Sun May 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I only got about a buck of canadian off the magnet on my last dump, but off the reject chute, I got a ton of coins. As is often the case, the half dollar bag was blocking the end of the chute. I stuck my finger in to push the bag to the side and the contents of the PVC chute dumped out. I thought I scored about $10 in quarters, but when I pulled them out, it was all tokens. About a full roll worth. All for local arcades, batting cages, and chuck e's of course. Cool, more good times ahead with the kids, courtesy of Penny Arcade :D
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Morsecode gets $20+, while I get a dime today. :shock:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I feel bad. PM your addy...next Twooney I get is yours. You can pretend you found it :D
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Morsecode wrote:I feel bad. PM your addy...next Twooney I get is yours. You can pretend you found it :D

Would that qualify as a pity duck?

:lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 pm

$1.65
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 pm

$0.25

Guess my attempt at a joke was lame...
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Mon May 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Ok, I just got it :D

(Only took a day and a half)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby henrysmedford » Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm

$1.65
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Fri May 25, 2012 2:49 pm

$13.22
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Fri May 25, 2012 2:50 pm

posted twice.
Last edited by henrysmedford on Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm

I was just skunked twice...
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm

$.02 at first stop. $2.10 at second. Day (if not week) was saved by a tooney at the second stop. I did pick up $0.67 US in the reject slot as a bonus. Plus the usual UK euro central/south America coins.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun May 27, 2012 3:11 pm

17.07 on the week. Had to hit up 12 branches today for 10.48 of that, plus 3.11 U.S.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Couldn't get out today and all closed tomorrow so no freebies til Tuesday. Would be nice to have that many branches to hit. I only have three with arcades within reasonable driving distance and one of those only makes sense on certain days when I'm I'm that area for other reasons.
68Camaro

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

2 dimes....things getting slim around here.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby NHsorter » Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Slim here lately as well. Yesterday I went in and a bag filled right away. So the teller was nice enough to just dump my change all directly into the hopper and finish up the batch for me. She even printed out my ticket. Nice of her, but dang, I wanted a grab at that magnet and I just did not feel right doing it with her standing right there. I have actually done it before, but I was just not getting the best vibe from this teller so I did not want to do it this time. This is also a branch that I have not yet been noticed as a "repeat offender" or "penny arcade abuser" so I figured that it would be best to try to stay off the radar as long as I can. I only hit this one about once a month.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 31, 2012 1:31 pm

I've had three straight skunks, clean magnets, except for a cayman islands cent on the one today.
68Camaro

Postby uthminsta » Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm

I got $1.49 today just by asking at a pickup bank...
"Anyone who is crazy enough to pick up $300 worth of coins is definitely a coin collector. Do you have any out-of-the-ordinary stuff that you have accumulated off the machines or whatever?"
We sure do! CANADIAN: 89 cents, a dime, and 2 quarters.
Also, a Bermuda quarter, a Cayman Islands 10 cent, and a Columbia centavo. Neat. And FREE!
uthminsta

Postby m21221 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:30 am

At Joe's (henrysmeford) suggestion I'm adding my name to the free Canadian coin list. 37.81 Canadian (including a 68 silver quarter) give to me from the reject bin at the local dump bank.
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 am

Yeah, well pickings are getting slim here. I believe the tellers have been instructed to clean the magnet twice a day, which means no more windfalls here. Multiple skunks in a row. And this pattern has been going on for 2-3 months. Finally got a couple non Canadian coins Thu and Fri. Then yesterday a big $0.01. Thats it. Certainly not worth the gas to go out of my way to test a given branch any more. I've taken to keeping a jug or two of $10 to $15 in cents in the trunk just to have when I happen to drive near a branch for other reasons.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 am

m21221 wrote:At Joe's (henrysmeford) suggestion I'm adding my name to the free Canadian coin list. 37.81 Canadian (including a 68 silver quarter) give to me from the reject bin at the local dump bank.

+1 :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:45 pm

25.30 on the week

I hit several machines today that I cleaned yesterday and came away with an additional 4.47...so there's a lot of Canadian being counted hereabouts.

One appalling thing I saw this morning was a "new" arcade. Not really new, but redesigned so that the customer only has access to the touch-screen, the reject tray down below, and a slot for the printed receipts. The point at which you'll pour in coins no longer has the removeable basket...it's just a hole in a countertop. The entire free standing machine is walled off; access by employees is through a closet door :cry:

Fortunately, this remodeling is limited to a single branch, and there are no plans (so far) to do likewise at other locations.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Ugh. Hope they don't make that design a corporate standard! Got $0.75 this afternoon.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:27 pm

I almost forgot: the Canada pin was found on the magnet this week. Sweet irony, huh? :D

Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only