you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:50 am

Tortoise vs Hare. I'm not the Hare...

4 quarters at lunchtime dump. Good haul for me these days. $1.00 today
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Drying out up here. Last 2 stops... 35 cents and a skunk.

Convenience store was once again happy to take Canadian quarters for payment on morning coffee though.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:22 pm

several skunks, then a couple of coins in two stops. $0.70 total
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Whoo whoo! My biggest one time ever. $4.27! Plus a nickel french franc. And one of the cdn nickels is a 1922! Any numismatic value for that one?

Pales in comparison with the guys from the NE but still.a.personal best...
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm

68Camaro wrote:Whoo whoo! My biggest one time ever. $4.27! Plus a nickel french franc. And one of the cdn nickels is a 1922! Any numismatic value for that one?

Nice find on the 1922 - Probably just a couple bucks depending on condition, but I personally would keep it separate from the bullion. Check if it is a near or far rim...
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?coin=5-cents-1922&years=5-cents-1922-1936
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

NHsorter wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Whoo whoo! My biggest one time ever. $4.27! Plus a nickel french franc. And one of the cdn nickels is a 1922! Any numismatic value for that one?

Nice find on the 1922 - Probably just a couple bucks depending on condition, but I personally would keep it separate from the bullion. Check if it is a near or far rim...
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?coin=5-cents-1922&years=5-cents-1922-1936

Thanks - appears to be a near rim - the rim is fat at the point of the S, and while a bit hard to see even under the glass, appears to be the near rim. Couple bucks is a couple bucks... :)
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:59 pm

A nickel at second dump... $.05
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 pm

7.27 for the week. Not sorting much these last couple weeks, so I'm not making the rounds as often. The 7.27 came from my usual 10 stop Saturday loop.

Nice going, Camaro 8-) You deserved a decent hit.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Three skunks, then $0.14, so back in the dumps.

Picked up a couple of other semi-cool coins though. Another 43 steelie. And a 1970 25 centavos from El Salvador, .999 nickel.
68Camaro

Postby hobo finds » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 pm

one cent today
hobo finds

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Not a coin but a note. Franklin was being tested by the school district and the tester gave him this.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 pm

OK, Things have been picking up. With 2 stops today I cleared about $7 in Canadian. It topped off my container so I just brought it all in and rolled it all up. Add $37.50 to this years running tally. I had a definite dry spell for a while but things are picking up. Think the tellers are getting a little lazy again.

This is just a hunch, but it seems like busier days (Fri, Sat) tend to yield better scores. Do any of you have certain times of day or certain days of the week that generally result in better magnet scores?

One thing is for certain. Some branches clean the magnets all the time and others always seem to be loaded up. One that I went to today is a little off of the normal path, but it seems like I get good hauls off of the magnet every time.

Dumping would be a chore if it was not for the TD magnet scores!
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 pm

I used to think Saturdays were the hot day, but then Mondays started giving good yields. Wish the pattern were easier to spot ;)

One thing has changed fundamentally: the old adage about not mixing dump banks with pick up banks is out the window. In fact, I won't go into a branch to buy unless I have zincs to run through the machine. My average drop off now is maybe $5 or $6. Tellers couldn't care less when you cash out that tiny amount and ask for another box.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:00 am

Morsecode wrote:I used to think Saturdays were the hot day, but then Mondays started giving good yields. Wish the pattern were easier to spot ;)

One thing has changed fundamentally: the old adage about not mixing dump banks with pick up banks is out the window. In fact, I won't go into a branch to buy unless I have zincs to run through the machine. My average drop off now is maybe $5 or $6. Tellers couldn't care less when you cash out that tiny amount and ask for another box.

I haven't figured out a consistent pattern that fits all the branches. Like you I think it tends to be branch specific. Some are in areas more prone to have people dumping foreign coin. Some have managers that clean the magnet more or less often, or at certain times. I have lately had several good Sunday afternoons in a row with a branch that I used to call the "mean teller" branch because she called me out when I was cleaning off the magnet and took it from me. But I haven't seen her in weeks, so maybe she's either transferred or not working Sundays. And so it seems that lately they aren't keeping that magnet cleaned off, or else people are dumping at just the right time. But at two others there is often a floating (moves between branches) desk manager that - when I see him - I know I'm not going to get anything, because every time I see him the machine is clean and there is nothing on the magnet at all, unless someone has just dumped something within the past few minutes.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Skunk at one. Fiddy cents at the second....
68Camaro

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm

$0.15 in the reject tray before cashing in dimes.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:19 pm

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 pm

$0.56
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 am

Another $0.50 at luncheon dump. Plus a nice 1/2 franc coin - nickel.
68Camaro

Postby uthminsta » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I have included everything mentioned up to this point. Check the first post for the updated "leaderboard!"
I have included the $1 note from Franklin... just 'cause...
uthminsta

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 pm

$2.65
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

4 straight skunks... :(
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Does anybody know how to check the magnet on a Telaris?

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Engineer wrote:Does anybody know how to check the magnet on a Telaris?

We have two banks that save us the junk out of them and Franklin asked about a magnet and the teller said it did not have one. One day it jammed up and I saw the inside and saw what looked like a debris cup with stuff in it the teller who had it open did not have a sense of humor and I am glad Franklin did not see it a he would have had a fit for not having the junk. I will ask once more when a nice teller is working about a magnet. One nice thing about having Franklin you can ask about anything. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Engineer wrote:Does anybody know how to check the magnet on a Telaris?

We have two banks that save us the junk out of them and Franklin asked about a magnet and the teller said it did not have one. One day it jammed up and I saw the inside and saw what looked like a debris cup with stuff in it the teller who had it open did not have a sense of humor and I am glad Franklin did not see it a he would have had a fit for not having the junk. I will ask once more when a nice teller is working about a magnet. One nice thing about having Franklin you can ask about anything. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only