you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby Engineer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks Henry. I had another not so nice teller say the same thing.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Engineer wrote:Thanks Henry. I had another not so nice teller say the same thing.

From--http://www.cooksecuritygroup.com/images/subpages/QuickChange%20Brochure%20-%20122009.pdf No magnet it is the Wave.
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz002.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz002.jpg (98.27 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Nice catch Henry. I'd looked at that pdf earlier (while searching for diagrams) and missed it.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 am

Maybe it doesn't have a magnet, but I'm not seeing that it says that. What am I missing?

Of course, the TD bank magnet isn't in the Talaris (a Talaris, but different model than this one) itself, it's in the upper level coin feed assembly that is part of the TD Penny Arcade setup. I suppose they'll have to eliminate the magnet when/if the US goes to magnetic coin. Though rumor has it they may be moving to non-magnetic stainless, rather than plated steel.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Found a Canadian dime on the floor next to the bank counter. I suppose that counts.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:59 am

After four, no six, straight skunks, $0.71 at lunch.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm

27.19 since last posting
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 pm

$3.63
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:04 pm

I am buying Canadian coins at $0.80 US, 365 24/7 - through my company Commonwealth Coin & Currency. I don't know how you guys are getting all these freebies :shock: but you can cash them in with me if you are inclined to do so! :mrgreen:
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Big haul! Just pulled $7.96 Canadian off one magnet. There was barely room for me to wiggle my fingers in. Left at lease 2-3 stubborn coins on there for the sake of quickness.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Sweet :P

Love those Canada jams. And I know what you mean...I usually go two scoops myself. Any more, and I worry about being watched too closely.

I found out today that the one machine they had walled off still has a removeable magnet, and that branch is even adding a second Arcade to handle all the coin. Manager said that several branches will be installing a second machine. Nice :lol:
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Down here I just don't think there is that much coin being processed. I virtually never see anyone at the arcade. In 8 months, I think I've waited briefly, once.

Had another skunk, and then $0.60
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Another $0.46 at two mini-dumps today.
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Wow, 2 machines at one branch! I would put $50 in zinc in each machine and scape both magnets :lol: Well, probably not, that would look funny. There are a lot of times where I have to wait a minute for my turn. The arcades up here seem pretty busy.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:13 pm

$0.87
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:26 pm

No looneys :cry: But on a positive note, I didn't get stabbed by anything today.

And the 13.20 was exactly what I needed to fill out my first $250 zip bag. Yay!
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:43 pm

You got EXACTLY 1320 times as much as I did today. :(
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:I am buying Canadian coins at $0.80 US, 365 24/7 - through my company Commonwealth Coin & Currency. I don't know how you guys are getting all these freebies :shock: but you can cash them in with me if you are inclined to do so! :mrgreen:

I'll keep it in mind. If I were to haul them back to the Motherland myself it'd cost me more than that in fuel probably.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 pm

$3.86
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

$1.70
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:52 pm

And from earlier in the week (I thought I had logged this but don't see it above)... $1.02
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 pm

$14.66
Last edited by henrysmedford on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

$0.47
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Twelve branch loop today. I'll take that average, though I don't believe it'll hold up long term ;)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only