you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Morsecode wrote:18.16

Twelve branch loop today. I'll take that average, though I don't believe it'll hold up long term ;)

~$1.50 each average - that's awesome! As you can tell from my stats, I've only done better than that for a single branch a time or two. My typical take - when there is anything, is usually in the 40-60 cent range. My actual real average - including skunks - is probably more like 20 cents, and I have far fewer branches that are within easy reach. But, I'm lucky to have any and I'll take it. It's a fun extra to see what I find.

(Of course I do get some US coin, 43 steelies, UK/Euro/Mexican coin that is potentially useful, as well as the other odds and ends.)

Got a dime today and a skunk.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:55 pm

$4.78 today. Went in 15 minutes before they closed today and I think it helped my take. Also heard some clunking and mentioned to the teller that they probably have a large dollar in there. He went and checked. I was wrong, it was TWO Ike's. He handed them to me and said keep em. Sweet, a couple more bucks for the chocolate fund.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Not much, but I found a 1977 Canadian Nickel on the coin machine the other day. Can't beat free .999 nickle. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:10 pm

A painfully gotten total of $0.77 this week, in a test run of a bunch of repeat stops at the same couple of banks to see if I was missing stuff by not hitting them every day. Apparently not! Mostly skunk visits.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:49 pm

4 stops, 4 skunks :x

So much for trying it on a Monday. At least I learned something.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Morsecode wrote:4 stops, 4 skunks :x

So much for trying it on a Monday. At least I learned something.

Funny, I have 4 bags in my truck waiting to be dumped. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow :lol:

Yesterday's one dump was good for 75 cents.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm

I had two complete skunks over the weekend (nada, not just no canadian, but nothing - not even a measley Jamacian cent at 10,000 to the USD). I had the misfortune Sunday to hit the one furthest away (of those that I got to, I was slow getting out of the house) a) just before their closing time, b) the "mean teller" was there, and c) she was just cleaning out the machine, having stripped off the magnet. Blast - a completely wasted trip.

Stopped by the one near work at lunch time today and did get a quarter. (Plus some minor other foreign coins (they always get me hopeful, then I open my hand and see it's a bunch of UK pennys and euro cents or worse).)
68Camaro

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:20 pm

then I open my hand and see it's a bunch of UK pennys and euro cents or worse).)

At least they are worth the same or 2x as much as a us zinc cent!
hobo finds

Postby NHsorter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 am

Another 5.40 Canadian. Scored 2 heaping handfulls last night. Lots of bent US coins and random tokens. 1 euro coin. And almost $4.00 in Australian. Reject chute PVC was angled wrong and was loaded up with goodies.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby WileE » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:50 am

Found a Canadian dime and quarter in the trash next to the machine at my dump bank. Maybe I can repatriate someday!
There'll be time enough for counting when the sorting's done
WileE
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Week up to yesterday was a bummer - lots of total skunks, and the few hits were minor, but then hit mother lode (for me), $3.27 in one stop). Total for week thru yesterday was $3.64.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Got $6.35 today with a King George VI.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 pm

1-cent................at the coinstar!

Best part.....it was on the counter. Didn't even have to bend over to pick it up!!!!!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 pm

$1.17 over the previous week. Hard come by - lots of skunks.
68Camaro

Postby sparechange » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:28 pm

.60 Canadian on magnet--2 quarters, 1 dime!
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 pm

two stops on errands today - $0.65 between them. After numerous skunks, that's progress.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:44 pm

$3.36
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:15 am

$0.35
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 pm

$2.00
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Nice score 68. Glad to see a bump in your typically meager hauls!
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 pm

NHsorter wrote:Nice score 68. Glad to see a bump in your typically meager hauls!

Thanks! Yeah its a crap shoot. Got lucky today at two stops. Haven't broken the pattern, though there does seem to be somewhat higher chance of a better score on the weekend.
68Camaro

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:00 pm

$0.26 at the coinstar
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 pm

$3.60
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:15 pm

A sad, sad week for me... Total of $0.02...
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Feast or famine up here. Last 3 stops: skunk, skunk, .35
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only