you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: you got HOW MUCH free Canadian coin???

Postby NHsorter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Yup, my .999 quarters and dimes get converted to something with more metal value since the face value exceeds the metal value right now I am taking advantage of that in order to acquire more metals. Man, I wish I lived a little closer to Canada so I could sort nickels.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm

NHsorter wrote:Yup, my .999 quarters and dimes get converted to something with more metal value since the face value exceeds the metal value right now I am taking advantage of that in order to acquire more metals. Man, I wish I lived a little closer to Canada so I could sort nickels.

nickel stack envy :)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby baggerman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Just got back from a dump run and between two tellers that save coins for me I just got $35.95 in Canadian plus a bunch of other foreign coins for free. Includes 1 toonie, 3 two dollar coins the rest in nicles, dimes and quarters. No silver but still very cool. One quarter is a breast cancer survivor quarter and since my little sister is a survivos I will put it in the mail to her tomorrow.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

$5.60 off the magnet today. The highlight being 2 .999 nickels.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Cannot even begin to compete with the guys nearer the northern border, but I've picked up a buck and a half so far this week, including 1 each .999 nickel, dime, and quarter. Nickel stays, the rest goes into my trade pile.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Got $1.40 Cdn off the magnet today, plus misc other foreign. Plus $.35 US in the reject cup. Not bad for here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:34 pm

68Camaro wrote:Got $1.40 Cdn off the magnet today, plus misc other foreign. Plus $.35 US in the reject cup. Not bad for here.

The reject cup is it the one on the outside are the inside of the counter.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:54 pm

On this counter (a new Talaris) it rejects to the outside, except for anything that the magnet picks up. (Edit) And the magnet is on the underside of the feed shute. Pull the shute up and the magnet pulls out from the left of the shute.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm

68Camaro wrote:On this counter (a new Talaris) it rejects to the outside, except for anything that the magnet picks up. (Edit) And the magnet is on the underside of the feed shute. Pull the shute up and the magnet pulls out from the left of the shute.

Is it this one.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 pm

henrysmedford wrote:
68Camaro wrote:On this counter (a new Talaris) it rejects to the outside, except for anything that the magnet picks up. (Edit) And the magnet is on the underside of the feed shute. Pull the shute up and the magnet pulls out from the left of the shute.

Is it this one.

Nope. I didn't see this post until now - I replied to your PM instead.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I had a nice (for me) CDN haul yesterday. 3 quarters, 4 dimes, 3 nickels, 3 pennies, plus a bunch of UK pennies, euro change, and a couple other oddballs.
68Camaro

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:29 pm

I have included everything mentioned up to this point. Check the first post for the "leaderboard!"
I remembered I got a whopping 29c, which I posted about way back in September:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8197&p=80967&hilit=Canadian#p80967
uthminsta

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 pm

02/06/2012 .91
With this :P
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Just a measely dime today... (plus a plastic cent, 4 UK pennies, 31 euro cents, a venezualan something, and an aruban something)
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Jackpot (for me) today! $2.48 Canadian, plus 2 1960 French Francs (nickel), and quite an assortment of other steel-based coins.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 am

And today it is worth more than the US $! :mrgreen:
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz025.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz025.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Only 28 cents CDN today, but among other things I did also get a 43 steelie, and a 1 Yuan Chinese coin - that was a first.
68Camaro

Postby everything » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 am

Henry? Do they let you search the white dump box on the inside of door in the coin machine in your picture? That machine you have pictured is what contributes the most to my world coin collection, which although not much is growing.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hirbonzig » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Found 1 Canadian quarter and 3 Canadian nickels in the reject slot while cashing in dimes today.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Found a Canadian quarter in the Coinstar reject slot yesterday. First ever Coinstar find!!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Zero Canadian, and the magnet had been cleaned, but when I walked in the door the teller yelled "Hi Mr 68Camaro, I've got some pennies for you!" Turns out she had 25 steelies that had been rejected by the machine the previous week when then were the official dump bank of a charity penny drive - had saved them for me! :) A quarter later and they were mine. Need to bring her a treat soon....
68Camaro

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only