*Official October 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

*Official October 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Country » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 pm

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: *Official October 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby cwgii » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 pm

$30 dimes 1953
$20 dimes, $10 cwr havles nada
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:46 am

$120 in halves Friday from the bank- no silver.

I did have a teller I know accidentally give me a roll of $25 in dollar coins, thinking it was halves. They are closed Saturday and Monday, but Tuesday I'm gonna take the extra $15 back to her. I remember being a teller myself back in the day and when you didn't balance out to the penny at the end of the day, they could give you grief for it. She is a good one and deserves to get the money back.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 am

Way to go RecyclerSteve. I believe most of the members here on Realcent are very honest.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Tourney64 wrote:Way to go RecyclerSteve. I believe most of the members here on Realcent are very honest.

+1
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 pm

$200 in halves and all were dated 2000 to 2017. They will spend well. 2nd time from this bank.
dakota1955

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 am

$28.50 in miscellaneous halves from several different banks. No silver.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am

Back from 10 day metal detecting trip in the UK....... what a blast!! Watched a guy pull up two gold half sovereigns!

First box of halves back.......skunk......
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 am

So, what about your finds?

Anything good?

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm guessing that Saabman found less silver in the U.K. than he does by going to his local bank...

Or, as he would put it, "Flew across the Atlantic Ocean, got a metal detector. Skunk." :)

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 am

Last weeks finds in the UK yielded...... 1 x ......Just kidding..... Had a great time over there ......the food was awful but the beer wasn't bad. The highlights: 1 bronze Roman coin (very toasty), 1 medieval token (lead), 1 complete medieval seal matrix, 1 hammered farthing (silver), 1 1820 half crown (silver), 2 - silver 3 pence (1861/1863), a ton of buttons and a ton of copper coins (greenies). If you're into detecting, I would highly recommend at least one trip over there..... absolutely stunning.
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 am

Wednesday's box of halves yielded....... 1 x 63 :-D and 1 x 68!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

Saabman wrote:Last weeks finds in the UK yielded...... 1 x ......Just kidding..... Had a great time over there ......the food was awful but the beer wasn't bad. The highlights: 1 bronze Roman coin (very toasty), 1 medieval token (lead), 1 complete medieval seal matrix, 1 hammered farthing (silver), 1 1820 half crown (silver), 2 - silver 3 pence (1861/1863), a ton of buttons and a ton of copper coins (greenies). If you're into detecting, I would highly recommend at least one trip over there..... absolutely stunning.

Sounds like an excellent time.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 am

Recyclersteve wrote:$120 in halves Friday from the bank- no silver.

I did have a teller I know accidentally give me a roll of $25 in dollar coins, thinking it was halves. They are closed Saturday and Monday, but Tuesday I'm gonna take the extra $15 back to her. I remember being a teller myself back in the day and when you didn't balance out to the penny at the end of the day, they could give you grief for it. She is a good one and deserves to get the money back.

I thought it might be good to give an update. The teller was out sick Tuesday and Wednesday, but back Thursday. I stopped by and told her what happened. She said she balanced out to the penny on Friday. So apparently when she took the roll in she counted it as only $10 (instead of $25). Therefore, she gave me the coins for what she paid for them. She said I could keep the extra $15 and appreciated the gesture.

Also, she said nobody else came by and said she shorted them, so I didn't have to worry about it. An extra $15 for being honest- I'll take it.

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:$120 in halves Friday from the bank- no silver.

I thought it might be good to give an update. The teller was out sick Tuesday and Wednesday, but back Thursday. I stopped by and told her what happened. She said she balanced out to the penny on Friday. So apparently when she took the roll in she counted it as only $10 (instead of $25). Therefore, she gave me the coins for what she paid for them. She said I could keep the extra $15 and appreciated the gesture.

Also, she said nobody else came by and said she shorted them, so I didn't have to worry about it. An extra $15 for being honest- I'll take it.

Thanks for update! Well done!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:50 pm

got one roll of quarters for the flower shop...... had to look at them. then had to go get another for the shop. first roll was solid date 1976
cwgii

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 am

$550 in halves ($500 from one bank and $50 from another). Took them with me while traveling nearby. Found (1) 40%er Friday night while the wife was watching TV in the hotel room. The maid sure had to wonder about all those half dollar wrappers in the trash!

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 am

Tuesday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 69!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 65, and 3 x 68!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 am

Friday's box of halves yielded......1 x 67 and 1 x 68!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Wednesday's box of halves.......skunk......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:55 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 43 :-D , 2 x 46 :-D , 1 x 66, and 1 x 68!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 43 :-D , 2 x 46 :-D , 1 x 66, and 1 x 68!!!!

Too bad you're not from Texas- otherwise I'd refer to you as Walker, Texas Ranger!

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 43 :-D , 2 x 46 :-D , 1 x 66, and 1 x 68!!!!

Too bad you're not from Texas- otherwise I'd refer to you as Walker, Texas Ranger!

Hahaha.......good one Steve!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:14 am

Friday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 67 and 1 x 68!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Tracking Threads Only