*Official August 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

*Official August 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Country » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:14 am

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: *Official August 2019 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby cwgii » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:48 pm

$50 cwr dimes...2-50c mex.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 64 :-D !
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:29 am

Friday's box of halves yielded....... 2 x 68 and 1 x 69!!

Sunday's box of halves yielded......1 x 65, 1 x 68,and 1 x 69!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Saabman wrote:Friday's box of halves yielded....... 2 x 68 and 1 x 69!!

Sunday's box of halves yielded......1 x 65, 1 x 68,and 1 x 69!!!

Does this mean you actually got the halves on Sunday or that you went through them on Sunday? I would think there would be very few banks open on Sunday, except at some grocery stores. And those, presumably, wouldn’t carry large quantities.

Nonetheless, congrats on your continued excellent results!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:13 am

Thanks Recyclersteve!

Yes, I picked up a box on Sunday and went through them. So, my pick up bank is open seven days a week (grocery store) and they order me three boxes per week. I can pick one up anytime they are open. It's a great set up for sure and I know I got lucky with them.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 pm

$50 CWR Halves - skunk
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Saabman wrote:Thanks Recyclersteve!

Yes, I picked up a box on Sunday and went through them. So, my pick up bank is open seven days a week (grocery store) and they order me three boxes per week. I can pick one up anytime they are open. It's a great set up for sure and I know I got lucky with them.

Wow- what a fantastic arrangement!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Saabman wrote:Thanks Recyclersteve!

Wow- what a fantastic arrangement!

I know.....I'm very lucky to have this set-up.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 am

Wednesday's box of halves .......... skunk........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm

$50 in US halves was a skunk
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 am

Friday's box of halves......... skunkage........

Saturday's box of halves yielded........ 1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 pm

$50 cwr, dimes..nothing
cwgii

Postby Saabman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:57 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded.......1 x 66 and 3 x 67!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves yielded.......1 x 66 and 3 x 67!!

Hey Saabman:

Have you tried (recently) going to other banks in your area, or do you always go to the same one? I'm curious if others near the one that you frequent have much silver as well...

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering.......I was working all weekend......

I check other banks nearby but they rarely have any loose halves. Occasional I'll ask if they've heard of another branch that has any but that's been around a year since I was able to pick up any that way.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Saabman wrote:Sorry for the delay in answering.......I was working all weekend......

I check other banks nearby but they rarely have any loose halves. Occasional I'll ask if they've heard of another branch that has any but that's been around a year since I was able to pick up any that way.

It makes you wonder about that one branch that you always get silver from. I would think they would share the same vault with other branches of the same bank in the same metro area. And a location in a grocery store certainly couldn't just hold onto as many boxes as you've gotten from them. So that would rule out that one branch having several hundred boxes sitting on site. I wonder if there are any collectors in your area who passed away in the past few years that had huge quantities of halves. I'd be curious to ask at something like a coin club meeting or local coin show, BUT then you will get a lot more competition going into the same store that you go to. That wouldn't be good, unless you have some really discreet way of asking that wouldn't tip people off.

Does anyone at the bank branch you go to ever say anything to give hints as to the origins of the halves?

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am

All the boxes are Loomis.........so I don't think there's any way of telling where they are coming from......plus there's plenty of competition......trust me on that one.........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:29 am

Monday's and Tuesday's boxes of halves...........skunkage.......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:37 am

Saabman wrote:All the boxes are Loomis.........so I don't think there's any way of telling where they are coming from......plus there's plenty of competition......trust me on that one.........

In a way that is even MORE impressive. All the silver you've found and you're telling me you've seen others tapping that same rich vein. Wow!

Wish I could make a deal with your local Loomis to buy ALL their halves. I know that is total fantasy or that they would charge me a special fee to do so, but at least I can dream.

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:44 am

Friday's and Saturday's boxes of halves...........skunk - ola.........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 65, 1 x 67, 2 x 68, and 1 x 70!!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:46 am

Sweet score on the 70! I have only found one in my searching.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks, I think I've only found 3 or 4. My GF couldn't figure out why I was so excited about finding a 40%.........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 65, 1 x 67, 2 x 68, and 1 x 70!!!!!

Nice score on the 1970- I don't ever remember finding one of those when roll hunting. Just curious- was it a 70-D (from an uncirculated mint set) or 70-S (proof)?

Recyclersteve

Next

Return to Tracking Threads Only