Small Electric motor

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Small Electric motor

Postby sillllvar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 am

Hi guys

I have about 60 of these small electric motors from oil burners and I am not sure weather to break em down or not. Time is not a problem as I am willing to pull em down. It only took a few mins to do so to the one in the pic. I am pretty sure that the outer grey metal is cast Au. As for the gears/solenoid, I am not sure what material they are mate from. The handle looking thing is steel, quite thick.

I guess my main concern is that the cast Au has some grease (I wiped most of it off) residue. Could anyone tell me would the Au still be classed as cast? Because of the grease would it be down valued as something else?

Thanks
Al
Attachments
Electric motor apart 2.jpg
Electric motor apart 2.jpg (206.36 KiB) Viewed 629 times
sillllvar

Re: Small Electric motor

Postby jasmatk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:59 am

i recently scraped a motor cycle engine that i took completlly apart and i cleaned nothing and got full cast aluminium price except the pieces with steel in it they gave me irony aluminium price for that.you gotta rember all that is gonna get melted anyway so the grease will burn off or just be slag on top
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage