2nd step in silver refining

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

2nd step in silver refining

Postby emptypockets » Fri May 25, 2012 7:53 am

i am at a loss atm as i am not finding the answer anywhere online...perhaps im not looking in the right place but thought maybe someone on here might have a solution for my solution.....in the 2nd step of refining silver you need a 10 percent silver nitrate solution....my question in how does one acquire this or brew it up.....i know after you dissolve silver into nitric acid and remove the cement...from cement to pure i cant seem to come up with how or where to get my 10 percent nitrate solution.....hypethetically if i was melting silver and wanted to have some fun with chemistry where or how would one come about said solution..... 8-)
emptypockets

Re: 2nd step in silver refining

Postby moparal7 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:00 am

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 am

You are very far off from where you need to be in understanding this. Please reference the above mentioned forum and take your time.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby emptypockets » Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 am

yep im a reading machine atm thanks for the help
emptypockets

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage