I received a medical device today,along with other items...

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

I received a medical device today,along with other items...

Postby mj74 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I was wondering if there is a place that anyone might know of that buys used medical devices? I looked up the one I have,and it is a centrifuge.
Or should I just scrap it out,and forget about trying to sell it?
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Re: I received a medical device today,along with other items

Postby Engineer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:58 am

PM sent...you can never have too many evil scientist gadgets in the basement! :)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mj74 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Here are the pictures...

mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Too bad it won't pull a couple hundred g`s! ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 pm

natsb88

Postby mj74 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 pm

natsb88 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/290403977593

:shock:

Yeah,I saw that. :)
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 pm

I retract my earlier statement that it may not be worth fixing. You've got one of the better ones. :)

If you look around a bit, you can probably find the parts to fix it online.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mj74 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:46 am

Engineer wrote:I retract my earlier statement that it may not be worth fixing. You've got one of the better ones. :)

I have been trying to a place that sells the lever thingy that opens the lid,but have been coming up with nothing. I'm not even sure what the technical name would be for that part. The thought of trying to fix it myself both intrigues me,and scares me. lol
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby messymessy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:33 am

Clearly describe the known issues, pick a decent price and sell it as is on Ebay as is. Someone will buy it for parts or to refurbish themselves. Advantage of this is you have no more time or money invested in it.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mj74 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm

messymessy wrote:Clearly describe the known issues, pick a decent price and sell it as is on Ebay as is. Someone will buy it for parts or to refurbish themselves. Advantage of this is you have no more time or money invested in it.

I think that is what I am going to do,but because of it's weight,I need to figure out how to package it. I haven't weighed it myself,but according to a
website that I found, it weighs almost 89 lbs.
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby jasonI » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm kind of interested in this contraption. If you want to get rid of it real quick send me a pm.
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom." – Justice William O. Douglas
jasonI
Penny Sorter Member

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:51 am

Just as a general FYI to everyone, if you encounter old Stretchers, Gyno Tables, Medical Chairs and the like, DON'T SCRAP THEM!! If you can fix them up, or they aren't too far off to be fixed, there is a market for them to people who are into medical sexual fetishes.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:16 am

cesariojpn wrote:Just as a general FYI to everyone, if you encounter old Stretchers, Gyno Tables, Medical Chairs and the like, DON'T SCRAP THEM!! If you can fix them up, or they aren't too far off to be fixed, there is a market for them to people who are into medical sexual fetishes.

Sometimes you just run into too much information...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 am

mj74 wrote:
Engineer wrote:I retract my earlier statement that it may not be worth fixing. You've got one of the better ones. :)

I have been trying to a place that sells the lever thingy that opens the lid,but have been coming up with nothing. I'm not even sure what the technical name would be for that part. The thought of trying to fix it myself both intrigues me,and scares me. lol

I found this link for a PDF parts list http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rpiparts.com%2Fcatalog%2FRPI_Sec3_Centrifuges_091411.pdf&ei=mlsFUMSkHIrMrQHi0dzACA&usg=AFQjCNFQN6Kz58dJ27XKrv-y1jzICFaYIg&sig2=PdVccc6x2HwOqa_6ShCUBA
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 am

I would suggest completing a Decontamination Certificate for this. If you ship with out the Cert, this can be considered BioHazard. With the Cert you are shipping electronic equipment. You can search for a template on any search engine.

not sure where you are located, I have had good results reselling medical equipment to Johnson Medical in Lancaster, PA
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:Just as a general FYI to everyone, if you encounter old Stretchers, Gyno Tables, Medical Chairs and the like, DON'T SCRAP THEM!! If you can fix them up, or they aren't too far off to be fixed, there is a market for them to people who are into medical sexual fetishes.

Hey, whatever info can make people a buck on.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mj74 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:47 pm

68Camaro wrote:

:lol:
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby mj74 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Verbane wrote:I would suggest completing a Decontamination Certificate for this. If you ship with out the Cert, this can be considered BioHazard. With the Cert you are shipping electronic equipment. You can search for a template on any search engine.

not sure where you are located, I have had good results reselling medical equipment to Johnson Medical in Lancaster, PA

I am in California,do they only buy equipment from PA?

Do you have to pay for the Certificate?
mj74
Penny Pincher Member

Postby messymessy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 pm

I've seen this stuff sell at auctions and I always thought "Why would anybody want that? (especially at that price?)"

Now I know.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 pm

messymessy wrote:

I've seen this stuff sell at auctions and I always thought "Why would anybody want that? (especially at that price?)"

Now I know.

It's not only Medial Fetishists. Some older medical items are in demand for the Steampunk and Alternative Lifestyle folks as well.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Verbane » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

mj74 wrote:
Verbane wrote:I would suggest completing a Decontamination Certificate for this. If you ship with out the Cert, this can be considered BioHazard. With the Cert you are shipping electronic equipment. You can search for a template on any search engine.

I am in California,do they only buy equipment from PA?

Do you have to pay for the Certificate?

Certificate is free, it just documents how the item was decontaminated. I'll find a generic template for you tomorrow and PM to you. Its nothing more than cleaning all surfaces with a bleach rub down.

Brad Johnson buys nationwide as far as I know, its worth a shot to see what he might pay, you will likely still have to pay to ship it. He picks up from me in NC, but I'm moving truckloads at a time.

Another thought, it's not likely, but take a look for a capital equipment tag on the outside of the centrifuge, it will look like an additional serial number. I have found some of my company's equipment on the bay in the past. :evil:
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage