Quick look at latest 5lb bag of world coin

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

Quick look at latest 5lb bag of world coin

Postby Z00 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:05 pm

I am a little tight on extra cash this month so I only ordered 1 bag from my usual source even though the shipping brings the average cost per coin to 6 cents.

It showed up today and I just had to take a quick look.
So far i have pulled 6 Cayman Island quarters out and 1 Bermuda.
The KYD is the strongest dollar denominated currency in the world.
The current exchange rate makes the .25 KYD worth .30 USD.

This may be an interesting bag. :D
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Quick look at latest 5lb bag of world coin

Postby uthminsta » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Hope you find some 43's!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Quick look at latest 5lb bag of world coin

Postby Z00 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 am

Made another pass and wound up with the following which is currently exchangable:

Cayman Islands
8 - .25
4 - .10

2.40 @ 120% = 2.88

Bermuda
5 - .25
3 - .10

par w/USD = 1.55

Bahamas
2 - .25

par w/USD = .50

Not too bad for buying .06/ea

Got a number of Watermill tokens good for 1 free gallon. Anyone use those kiosks? They dont have them in my area.
(EDIT: I just looked on the Bay and some clown is trying to get 16.99 for 1 !!)

Also got a strange token simply stamped CCI on both sides with small initials RWM on one side.
Odds are that stands for Roger Williams Mint which used to mint tokens but has since been taken over by TokensDirect. They probably had to sell the business after the president got caught scamming the Toronto Transit system out of 10 million dollars with conterfiet tokens. LOL
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics