Mexican Bronze: Help Please

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

Mexican Bronze: Help Please

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:17 am

Is this 1928 5 centavo a small date or large date variety?

Thanks for the help.

If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Mexican Bronze: Help Please

Postby Bluegill » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that is a small date. The difference is the thickness of the font, not the actual size(height and width). The thicker(large) is very noticeable. For lack of a better way to describe it, it kinda looks like the difference between writing with a worn Sharpie versus a ball point pen.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Small date is good! This is a 10 cent junk bin score. It's going to e-bay today but I'm not confident enough to call it a small date.

Should I let the market decide?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:37 pm

The Krause book says a 1928 large date is worth 11.00
a small date is worth 30.00

Completed e-bay sales show they go for .99-3.00 plus shipping.

who would pay between 10-30 dollars for this? It's a mystery.
Thogey

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics