PCGS Submission NEW LOT #15, 12-17-12

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Re: My PCGS Submission Results. Now W/ Pictures!!

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 pm

New lot ships out tomorrow. PCGS secure plus. Fingers crossed on this one.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

The Crack-outs. Got these from an awesome RC member in a silver trade they were in NGC plastic. Which I don't care much for as a few of you know. So I cracked them out and sent them to PCGS. Now they are all housed in PCGS Secure Plus plastic.

Anyone want to take a stab at the grades before I post the results......got the email today.

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby ember » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:36 am

Congratulations and beautiful coins! You have a good eye.
I had a quick question about submitting to PCGS. I don't want to sidetrack your thread, so please PM me if you prefer. I have a 1970 Lincoln error. Do all error coins need to be submitted as errors, or can they be sent under Express? Turn around on mint errors are a month, while Express is 5 days.
I have never submitted anything for grading, so this will be my first rodeo.
ember

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 am

In either case you know it will be a minimum of $50 + $8 handling + shipping to them + at least $24.95 shipping back right?

In other words is your error DEFINITELY worth over $100? Because that is the minimum cost to submit it to PCGS.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ember » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Yes, definitely worth more than $100. The grading price is not that big of a deal, but I was just looking at the turn around times. Mint errors take the longest, so I wasn't sure if they had to be sent and graded under the mint error option or if I could expedite the turn around by going with the Express service.
ember

Re: My PCGS Submission Results

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Image

Wow. Just... wow.

*Drool*
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ember » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Finally got through to PCGS on the phone. Mint errors can only be submitted through the mint error service. Just a FYI to anyone else. Please feel free to delete my posts.
ember

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:48 pm

ember wrote:Finally got through to PCGS on the phone. Mint errors can only be submitted through the mint error service. Just a FYI to anyone else. Please feel free to delete my posts.

Delete...No way....It's a good question. ;)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: My PCGS Submission Results

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Image

Wow. Just... wow.

*Drool*

Thank you sir. This is my #1 favorite coin....period. :)

Also, to the other lookers....get to guess'n on the grades of those double eagles.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby daviscfad » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:53 pm

The Crack-outs. Got these from an awesome RC member in a silver trade they were in NGC plastic. Which I don't care much for as a few of you know

I dont care for plastic at all but it usually makes them sell better. Personally i think that pcgs picks and chooses what it wants to grade good or not good, if you know what i mean.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Grades are posted!!

Yes David I do know what you mean.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Nice going once again! Your stats are really good! Very few "reds" and lots of "green"! Which does translate to actual "green" so that's very cool.

You rock!
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Well I know squat about grading, but I seem to recall some blind studies where the same coins were resubmitted numerous times to each of several grading services, and while PCGS was tops, with NGS close, there was still something like a +/-1 grade standard deviation variation in the results, so seems to me you've earned your stripes as a grader, and doing as well or better than the pros.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Gentlemen, My heads big enough the way it is. Thank you both for the kind words.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Gentlemen, My heads big enough the way it is. Thank you both for the kind words.

Chris, I have some Morgans to send to you for grading :mrgreen:

Great pick-ups! I bet you got them dirt cheap from some poor guy that has a white beard and rolls his way around. ;)

I might have to take a better look at some of my NGC gold... oh wait, what NGC gold? :?
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 am

I was going to say congrats here but after that last Tx Comment of yours I'll have to re-think through that.....Umm nice coins by the way :D
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Putting together a new lot of morgans to be sent in for grading....updates within the next few days.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby moneydog » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Well I have 48 coins out at PCGS at this time. There are three orders in total.
I just got back my first submissions results via e-mail. I thought it would be a good test / practice to grade the coins as accurately as possible at the time of submission and record it. Then I would compare my grades to the actual PCGS grades given.

I will update this page as new results and submissions are made:

Lot#1
1-1884-CC Morgan / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-64----------------------------------------------------------I under graded
2-1885-O Morgan / My grade MS-63+ DMPL / PCGS grade MS-64 DMPL---------------------------------------------I under graded
3-1891-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------I over graded
4-1899-P Morgan / My grade MS-65 (lightly cleaned) / PCGS grade Authentic altered surfaces------------------Darn they caught it

Lot#2
1-1884-O Morgan / My grade MS-64+ / PCGS grade MS-64-----------------------------------------------------------Correct
2-1885-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
3-1889-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-62-------------------------------------------------------------I over graded
4-1890-P Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------I over graded
5-1899-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
6-1899-O Morgan / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-64------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
7-1904-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
8-1878-S Morgan / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-64------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
9-1881-S Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63--------------------------------------------------------------Correct
10-1882-CC Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-----------------------------------------------------------Correct
11-1883-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
12-1883-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
13-1883-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 /PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
14-1883-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
15-1885-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
16-1885-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
17-1886-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
18-1887-P Morgan / My grade MS-62 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
19-1887-P Morgan / My grade MS-62 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
20-1890-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
21-1891-S Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
22-1891-S Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS Gen Clenaed-------------------------------------------------------------Not sure what I missed?
23-1891-S Morgan / My grade MS-62 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
24-1883-CC Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-----------------------------------------------------------I under graded
25-1923-P Peace / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-62---------------------------------------------------------------I over graded

Lot#3
1-1878-P 8TF Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63--------------------------------------------------------Correct
2-1879-S Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
3-1880-S Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
4-1880-S Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
5-1880-S Morgan / My grade MS-65 / PCGS grade MS-65-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
6-1881-S Morgan / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-63------------------------------------------------------------Correct
7-1882-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
8-1885-P Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
9-1885-O Morgan / My grade MS-65 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I over graded
10-1887-P Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
11-1887-P Morgan / My grade MS-65 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I over graded
12-1898-O Morgan / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-64-----------------------------------------------------------I under graded
13-1898-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-65-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
14-1899-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
15-1899-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
16-1900-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------I under graded
17-1902-O Morgan / My grade MS-63 / PCGS grade MS-63-------------------------------------------------------------Correct
18-1902-O Morgan / My grade MS-64 / PCGS grade MS-64-------------------------------------------------------------Correct

Lot#4
1-1923 $20 Saint / My grade MS-62 / PCGS grade MS-63 secure plus-------------------------------------------------I under graded
2-1926 $20 Saint / My grade MS-62 / PCGS grade MS-62 secure plus-------------------------------------------------Correct
3-1927 $20 Saint / My grade MS-63+ / PCGS grade MS-64+ secure plus----------------------------------------------I under graded :mrgreen:

good additions:D
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 am

Lot #5 added and mailed today. There are some REAL nice coins in there. Keep your fingers crossed.......I could do very well on this one.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby twentybux » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Best of luck to you Doc! :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm

twentybux wrote:Best of luck to you Doc! :D

Thanks Twenty.

Here is the nitty gritty of the coins and where they "came from"

Lot#5
1-1880-S Morgan / My grade MS-64+ DMPL .............Coin is crack out from an OLD ANACS white slab graded MS-64 dmpl. It's lightly toned with "fall colors". As sexy as it is I wouldn't be suprised to get a plus beside that 64dmpl
2-1880-P Morgan / My grade MS-64 .............Coin is a MS64 PCGS crackout that has a super strike with clear fields. It should hold the 64.....but move the other 1880-p up......a new trick I wanted to try.
3-1880-P Morgan / My grade MS-65............"the other 1880-p" was holdered 64+ pcgs. This coin has that look....It should move up.
4-1880-O Morgan / My grade Genuine AU Details......a coin I picked up raw from Eric.....If it scores high marks....so does he ;)
5-1882-O Morgan / My grade MS-64+...........an above average strike. coin cracked out of a pcgs holder.....only a few serial numbers differance from the next coin.
6-1882-O Morgan / My grade MS-65.............another 64 pcgs crackout....undergraded IMO....smooth fields with great white eye appeal.
7-1897-P Morgan / My grade MS-66...........a super sexy golden toner liberated from an older pcgs slab.
8-1880-O Morgan / My grade MS-63..........purchased raw from ebay......TRUE DMPL with heavy strike.....mad cameo contrast.....coin just hurts to look at in person....it's that nice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160659797375?ss ... 1439.l2649
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Lot#5
1-1880-S Morgan / My grade MS-64+ DMPL .............Coin is crack out from an OLD ANACS white slab graded MS-64 dmpl. It's lightly toned with "fall colors". As sexy as it is I wouldn't be suprised to get a plus beside that 64dmpl
[...]
7-1897-P Morgan / My grade MS-66...........a super sexy golden toner liberated from an older pcgs slab.

Would love to see pics of these two when they get back (especially the 1880-S).
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Well the grades are back......and I am shaking from happiness............ once I calm down and chill I will post the details

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: My PCGS Submission Results. Updated 11-15-11

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 pm

OK Stats are up on the first post!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: My PCGS Submission Results. Updated 11-15-11

Postby daviscfad » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 pm

so doc did you send this stuff economy? i sent some stuff at the end of october and the status still says processing. How long does it usually take?
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to USA Numismatics