A good score on eBay for me today.

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

A good score on eBay for me today.

Postby ed_vantage17 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

The seller listed these as "V.D.B pennys". I think his unusual usage of periods made this difficult to search for. I found them by browsing the 1909-1919 Lincoln cent category.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-ROLL-50-1909-V-D-B-WHEAT-PENNYS-/230718012929?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item35b7dd7e01
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: A good score on eBay for me today.

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Holy crap, an entire ROLL of them... Well, if you want to part with one, let me know. I've gotten a couple of 09s, but have never even seen a VDB. I would prefer to find one in the wild, but that space in my album has been empty since I started at about 6, 49 years ago...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ed_vantage17 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm

When I get them in hand I'll PM you.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Nice score....please update us on their condition.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chaboo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:15 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Nice score....please update us on their condition.

+1 :mrgreen:
Chaboo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Got them the other day. Most I'd give a G4. There are two that can only be classified as AG3 and one that is VG8 (maybe pushing F12). Overall very happy with the purchase. Gonna be listing a few in the January kitchen sink auction.

My realcent feedback.

ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to USA Numismatics