Buying up the Antique Shop on a silver pop

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Buying up the Antique Shop on a silver pop

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Anyone else here do this?

So lets say silver has a good move in one or two days....about $1.50 on the plus side. The local antique mall has a booth or two with coins displayed at relativily stagnant prices. Do you guys rush after work or during lunch, as I feel I often do, to buy up all the good deals before someone else...or the owner changes them?

Raise your hand and tell your story.

PS: I will let you know how it went for me today later this evening ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Buying up the Antique Shop on a silver pop

Postby mightyhunter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

I'd be one of those that are guilty of driving 20-30 miles out of my way to buy just because i know it's there and it's calling my name :lol: Got several good deal's doing this back when silver was 12-14 an ounce. Heck' just yesterday I found two 14K braclet's at an antique mall,ask them to hold for me while I went back home and got my gold test kit and scales. Came back 15 minutes later, tested, weighed, and bought 12.9 grams of 14K for $44.00 BARGIN!!!! :D :D :D
mightyhunter
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:56 pm

I do it all the time. You need to learn the average weight of certain items then go and mine silver .
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:15 pm

total bust at the mall (less than a mile outta my way home at least).

"Coin dude" came in on sunday and raised the prices....I was going to make his month too.Image
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby abe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I enjoy hitting up the antique store across the mountain. Alot of times the dealer won't adjust his prices for weeks at a time, but when he does and silver drops it may be weeks for another adjustment. Its all about the timing with this dealer and here lately my timing has been off. :(
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I've been through that at chadds ford antique mall; when there's a move the prices pop ...fast...
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics