1983 quarter question

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1983 quarter question

Postby merchoarder » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

What's up with the 1983 and 1983 d quarters. I was browsing numismedia and saw that they are valued at 2.30 and 1.15 respectively in G4. Why is this? The mintage numbers don't seem to be that much lower then other dates of this period. I looked through three rolls and some pocket change the was sitting around and found three Ps and one D so they can't be too rare. So what's up with that? Thanks for any info.
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 1983 quarter question

Postby abe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 pm

No mint sets were made in 82 or 83. They shouldn't have that value on them in lower conditions but they do.
Unc. examples are right pricey.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby merchoarder » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks Abe. I have found a few more and will continue to set them aside. I did some browsing of completed auctions on the Bay and they seem to sell ok. I saw one roll of circulated coins sell for $50. I'll try and sell then when I get a roll and then buy some silver. I agree that they should not be so valued but the market speaks.
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby misteroman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm

^^^^^^$50 for a circle roll? Dang i'm going to def start pulling them out from the bending machines!!!!!!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics