LCS finds

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

LCS finds

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Went to my local coin shop to get some wheats and other goodies. I bought a bag of 850 "unsearched" for 4 cents a coin. Mostly 40's and 50's but...

Found a collection of cleaned/polished wheats mixed in dating from 1912 (D) to 1955. They have a strange shine to them and it's mostly only on the obverse. To bad, a 1912 D is a good purchase for 4 cents. Also found a 1909 2 Filler from Hungary in the mix. From what I can find online they're worth $4-$6 depending on condition. I'd grade this one in the VF-XF range.

Also picked up a 1912 and a 1917 Canadian large cents for 50 cents each out of the foreign grab box.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: LCS finds

Postby twentybux » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Sounds like a nice time at the LCS. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics