PCGS Submission Questions

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

PCGS Submission Questions

Postby NHsorter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm

I have 2 1964 XWL nickels that I want to send to PCGS and I am confused about what it will cost. Economy ($18) and Modern ($14) seem reasonable, but there is also a Mint Errors ($50) one and I am afraid that I might get charged for that one on these. It make a big difference for these.

I also have a 1914D that I want to send in. Is that going to fall under the Regular ($30)?

Besides return shipping ($16-$24) is there anything else that I should expect to pay for?

I am a total noob when it comes to this and I want to get my feet wet. Would I be better off waiting until I have more to send in as well? How many do you guys typically do at a time to maximize your $?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: PCGS Submission Questions

Postby barrytrot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm

There is also a handling fee. I think it's $8.

XWL will require ATTRIBUTION. That's $20 or something like that.

You should be able to do Modern for the 1964's, however I'm not positive that applies to foreign.

And since the 1914-D doesn't require attribution then it must be on a separate order. Or you can pay for it to be attributed also, which actually is cheaper in this case. But then that changes all coins to "economy".

And of course that assumes the 1914-D is also Canadian.

If not then they must be separate orders. Each order coming with it's own separate "hard costs".

Basically each order must be "all the same type of order". I.e. ALL modern or ALL economy. ALL attribution or not, etc.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: PCGS Submission Questions

Postby NHsorter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Wow, they don't cut you many breaks! Thanks for the info Barry!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics