1999 Wide AM...any Interested Members?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1999 Wide AM...any Interested Members?

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I am up to '2' 1999 WAMs. I'm thinking about letting one go. I'm a little curious if anybody here has some interest in one or both. I recently went to a small coin show and tried to do a little horse trading with one for some silver. I had only one dealer 'kinda' have an idea of what I had to trade with. I don't have any pictures up of it yet. If I get some interest then I'll have to post then. I might just send them off to be graded but I really don't want to deal with Feebay. Sure, each one cost me just 1-cent each but that doesn't justify Feebay's fees!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1999 Wide AM...any Interested Members?

Postby rakattack » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:26 pm

No dealer is interested in "minor" varieties. Just like no FG halves.
rakattack
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Yep, I noticed that, but one dealer was selling Ike's and he had every variety seperated for sale. He wasn't interested either.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 pm

TJCF.....just bite the bullet and FeeBay them......should get the most loot out of them there. I sold my three for anywhere between $160-210 each.

eBay got hers but I got mine too.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby exbingoaddict » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 am

Rodebaugh wrote:TJCF.....just bite the bullet and FeeBay them......should get the most loot out of them there. I sold my three for anywhere between $160-210 each.

eBay got hers but I got mine too.

Agree with Rodebaugh. If you run the numbers and find you'll get more out of an item after ebay fees, then pull that trigger. Honestly, 12% is not a bad fee. I just get tired of people taking ebay to the wood shed over fees. You're getting a big market to draw from and not waiting for months to get your money (normally) until consigning elsewhere.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Return to USA Numismatics