$2.31 in wheat pennies from LCS

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

$2.31 in wheat pennies from LCS

Postby GGerrands » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Went up to a bigger burg where they have a small coin store in a shopping center. It's a local store where I'd bought some wheats for 5x f.v. out of a bucket a few months before. After looking at a 1931 s and some Orleans mint Morgans I asked if they still had the bucket. The wife of the owner tells me they do, but no longer allow people to sort out of it, just buy random scoops. Wonder why...maybe some guy came in and cherrypicked the teens, 20s and 30s out sometime. Heh.

Anyway, I bought $2 f.v. for $10, she threw in an extra 30. I got home this evening and sorted them out.
$1.95 standard 40s and 50s wheats
9 steel cents at least one from each of the three mints.
27 pre-1940 wheats, including a 1912 and 1909 (no mintmark, no VDB) in pretty good shape.

I'm pleased with how that worked out, put the bag away with those 36 coins separate from the rest! :D
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Return to USA Numismatics