How can they list Presidental and Native Dollars in this lis

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

How can they list Presidental and Native Dollars in this lis

Postby hobo finds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

2013 Circulating Coin Production (in millions)

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/in ... N=63169016
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: How can they list Presidental and Native Dollars in this

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Same line of thought would be the half dollar.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: How can they list Presidental and Native Dollars in this

Postby dirty fingers » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:25 am

Some actually are on cir. The ER at UNMC (I became somewhat familar with it, the last few months with Barb), all the vending machines returned them as change. Many times I would be there at 3am, and a 20 was the smallest bill I had. I ended up with lots of them. Now, I do not know if 'all' years and mints were there, I have long since dumped those things.

But if they were change here, I bet they are change in other locations. I know the post office changed them out of their vending machines (not sure they are any more). There almost certainly are other places.

Even the halves are 'considered' to be in circulation, even if they do not circulate much.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
dirty fingers
Penny Pincher Member

Re: How can they list Presidentia and Native Dollars in this

Postby hobo finds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:22 am

The newer half's, and small dollars are being made NIFC. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25625&p=236658&hilit=nifc+list#p236658 They sell them for a premium over face. I know that some get released into the wild just like Proof coins. Just thought it was weird that they list them this way!
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics