NIFC help

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

NIFC help

Postby Sullysullinburg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm

So I got $1000 in half dollars and so far I've gone thorough $200 worth and got a 2005-S proof and six NIFC coins are they worth keeping?
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Re: NIFC help

Postby cooyon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:27 am

For 50 cents each, I would keep them, I assume they would be relatively lower mintages. You can always spend or dump them at no loss.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: NIFC help

Postby Computer Jones » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:15 am

I keep all NIFC's that look nice.
I doubt I'll ever realize a profit from them.
I plan to make sets and leave them to those who come after me (I'm up to 6 descendants so far and expect another mid-January).
The coins may or may not be worth more than face in 20 or 30 years, but those who come after me will have something tangible to touch and remember this crazy old Coot.
I'd like to do the same with found Proofs, but they are not showing up as much, so I just keep what nice ones I find for the time being.

Hopefully I'll never need to touch my Ag stack and that will be passed into the future too.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics