Visions of Stella

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Visions of Stella

Postby coindood » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 am

You've probably heard of the $4 Stella that was temporarily lost at the ANA Money Show in Oregon recently:

http://www.coinworld.com/news/flowing-h ... -show.html

It was in the back of my mind as I walked around our large biannual show here in Vegas last weekend. After settling in to look thru the junk box at a favorite table I noticed a coin on the floor beneath a table across the aisle. It was too far underneath to reach without disturbing those looking at the dealer's wares and I eventually forgot about it.

I went back on Sunday about noon and was greeted with that typical coin show annoyance - about a third of the dealers had already packed up and left. :thumbdown: But not my local fave table. Settled in again, but before I dove into the box of goodies, I glanced up and saw the same coin still on the floor across the aisle...and the dealer was gone. :shock: What could it be??? Was I rich? Would Coin World soon write about my honesty? I walked over, reached under and retrieved...a 1997 Spanish 10 pesetas. :( Ah well. It was still new to my collection.

Highlights were a 1943 copper wheatie (on display next to a 100-oz gold bar) and chatting with legendary dealer Jack Beymer, whose ads I've seen in coin mags since I was a kid (quite awhile ago!). Nice, no nonsense guy. :thumbup:
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics