Empire Coin

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Empire Coin

Postby Morsecode » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Has anyone here bought from them? Their 12 month layaway seems to be a pretty good deal. My only gripe (small one) is that they leave up the sold out items quite a while, cluttering the site a bit.

Opinions?
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Empire Coin

Postby abe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 am

I've bought from them for years with no complaints except for the $5 shipping for even 1 coin.
Yup, there is a cluttering problem but thats to their advantage, letting you know if you want something check back often because it may not be there for long.
Here is another place I like but there are no pics, http://suncoins.com/
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I went ahead and placed an order with them, received a confirm email a few minutes later that all of my picks were in stock. I called the next day to ask if I could send a check vs money order for the layaway and that was no problem. I asked would I be able to place another order while the first layaway was still open, in case I saw something I had to have, and again, no problem.

They have the most liberal layaway plan I've seen in 30 years, the prices are reasonable, decent descriptions and photos, and $5 shipping no matter how much you buy.

Thanks for the original recommend, Abe! (I read your reply in the Trade section to a member who was looking for 20 cent pieces)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby abe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:41 am

Cool, they really are good to deal with. When I first bought from them all they had was a catalog then they bought out another company and upgraded everything. Now if want want something ya gotta be on the ball.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pachucko » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Here is another place I like but there are no pics, http://suncoins.com/

Has anyone ever purchased one of their Silver Dealer Lots?? If so, how were the coins and were they close to spot??
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Return to USA Numismatics