Paper Expert? Error $1 2003 George

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Paper Expert? Error $1 2003 George

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

All- I was at my mothers house yesterday and she said, "You're into this stuff, what's this worth?" And she reached into her wallet and pulled out the attached $1 George that looks fine on the front but appears to be misprinted or miscut or both on the reverse.

I know little about this stuff, but I told her to take it out of her wallet and stick it in her safe for the time being and I would try to get a rough idea for her. It is circulated - you can see from the corners - but you can see the next bill starting on the back and it looks like its printed slanted.

Any opinions?
Attachments
Funny George 002.jpg
Funny George 002.jpg (216.21 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Funny George 001.jpg
Funny George 001.jpg (181.88 KiB) Viewed 870 times
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: Paper Expert? Error $1 2003 George

Postby abe » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Can you get a pic of the entire bill?
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Abe- I think these are pics of the entire bill. On my screen it has those little dragbar dealies. If not on yours I may need to resize this thing and try again. Have you seen this before?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby abe » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 pm

I only see the top half of the bill in both pics. On this site I have to crop everything to get a full pic.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Lets try this.....
Attachments
Funny George 002.jpg
Funny George 002.jpg (109.54 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Funny George 001.jpg
Funny George 001.jpg (101.06 KiB) Viewed 832 times
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby abe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:22 am

Never seen on like that its definately mis-aligned somewhere in the system.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to USA Numismatics