CL Ad need helping pricing this out

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

CL Ad need helping pricing this out

Postby Henchman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 am

Trying to figure out if this is worth $1100 investment to resell. Anyone familiar with Coin set values please check the Ad out and let me know.

Thanks,
Henchman

CL ad link - http://southjersey.craigslist.org/clt/2560648808.html
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Re: CL Ad need helping pricing this out

Postby abe » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Its really hard to say w/o knowing the condition of the coins. For instance, an almost complete set minus a few key dates could range from about $50 to $5000. Remember the ad says almost complete sets and doesn't say if they are FA-2 coins or XF-MS coins. I would definately do some investigating before forking over 1100 bucks.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mercuryman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Nothing in this seems particularly rare, and IMO seems a little expensive. i would stay away from it.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm

It's 1100 OBO so maybe you could get him to come down on the price. I always like to see the OBO part in there! If it were close to me I would take a look just in case there is some stuff in really good shape. Might not hurt to make a low offer on just the silver stuff to see if he bites? Looks like there is a few hundred worth of silver in there. He says 750 as a value for that section but at the top he says you could get 70% off so you never know?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics