Ok, time to confess

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Ok, time to confess

Postby dan53 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Do y'all fond....er, ah, handle your coins? Do ya get them out and line them up according to date? After that, in order to liven things up a little, do you sort them according to the grade? Do you fill up the tub with them and get in and waller around? (waller is southern for wallow). Ok, I don't get in the tub with them but its only because I don't have enough to fill the tub. Ok suppose for a minute that I DID have enough to fill the tub. If afterwards I decided to send them to ANACS, would they come back as having been cleaned?

Thanks in advance

Danny

PS: I am not a numismatic pervert.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Ok, time to confess

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm

:lol:

Ive got one graded coin...and over the last few days, hours have melted away as I spin her around in the light...

And I cant help but play with all the others once i get going...The gleaming...its like an invitation!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dan53 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Oakair, the great thing about coin collecting is that you can get involved at a lot of different levels. I try to stick to what I can afford. Although at times I tend to go over budget. :lol:
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:39 pm

thats too funny... I do that.. The last time I hit 530 havles in a bag not only did I stack them up but I went back and lined them up by date and took a picture... lol
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Every once in a while I get out some silver or gold and just look at it. It makes me thankful for what I have, and makes me feel lucky because I know how many people out there have no idea of the value of real money.

I have taken pictures of large amounts of penny bags stacked and lined up. Not sure why, hehe.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Henchman » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:54 pm

My wife started calling me Scrooge Mac Duck ala Duck Tales cartoon. If you never saw it he used to SWIM in his coins in a building sized vault :lol: I got 3 garbage cans full of pennies so far, that's a good start to a pool!

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Bartender » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:03 pm

NotABigDeal wrote:Every once in a while I get out some silver or gold and just look at it. It makes me thankful for what I have, and makes me feel lucky because I know how many people out there have no idea of the value of real money.

I do the same thing. The kicker for me was living with my parents while still in school and not being able to share any of it with
them. They know that times are difficult for a lot of people and want to help secure their own financial future, but completely shun the idea of holding/owning any Cu, Ag, Au, etc. The contradiction leaves me baffled. :?
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenagers." - P.J. O'Rourke
Bartender
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Some sage advice for all you young guys....I'll let you determine what age that might be on your own.

If you buy quality coins then you alway will do better than just buying crap and quanity. Likewise don't try to outsmart yourself to see how many times you can flip something for that next big deal. Try to learn to be satified with small things first and that will carry you a long way in life.

Lastly, if you get married know that it is a lifetime committment. With that being the case find a wife that is low maintenance! :D
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PennyBoy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 am

Copper Catcher wrote:Some sage advice for all you young guys....I'll let you determine what age that might be on your own.

If you buy quality coins then you alway will do better than just buying crap and quanity. Likewise don't try to outsmart yourself to see how many times you can flip something for that next big deal. Try to learn to be satified with small things first and that will carry you a long way in life.

Lastly, if you get married know that it is a lifetime committment. With that being the case find a wife that is low maintenance! :D

I didn't know you could use those in the same sentence. :?
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm

.. you mean you're suppose to flip?? no wonder everything is busting at the seams!!.. lol...
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics