Continental Currency

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Continental Currency

Postby NHsorter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I know that this is probably fake. I have had this since I was a kid. Pretty sure it came from my grandfather. I dug it out after I saw a recent news article about a guy in VT that discovered that one he has been lugging around for years and then found out it was real. These stories always get me excited. I cruised google looking for specifics on these and most of the ones I see have COPY stamped on them. Mine is not stamped. So like I said, I am sure it just came from a gift shop in Philly or something. But how is that determined? Anyone on here know about these and what the biggest tip off is to see if it is real or fake? Tip off #1 - it's condition? (too good)

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Continental Currency

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 pm

very cool but the fonts don't look like what they would have used back then
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics