1883 "3 over 2" Shield Nick.... Opinions?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1883 "3 over 2" Shield Nick.... Opinions?

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Guys -

Bought a coin - had a good look at it and thought I may have found something. Took it by the coin store and she believes it likely is. I'd like to send it in to PCGS but I don't want to pay the $50-$75 to prove it. Want to know what you guys thought.
Attachments
3over2.jpg
3over2.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 285 times
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: 1883 "3 over 2" Shield Nick.... Opinions?

Postby fb101 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 pm

listed in numismatic news @ $220 in Good.
Hard to say without handling it, but it may be.
Maybe send a pic to Coneca?
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I don't know anyone on Coneca..... Is it just like here? Sign in and start asking questions?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Got an opinion from the guy who runs shieldnickels.net. He says I have a common 1882 with a filled 2.
:cry:
Some day.......
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Return to USA Numismatics