Us quarters worth anything

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Us quarters worth anything

Postby Prince By-Tor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi im canadian i bought 2 boxes of quarters
I opened the first one and noticed righting on a bunch of the rolls pulled one out and it said USA on it
So turns out i got quite a few rolls of us quarters seams like someones collection

I havent been threw them yet but what if like to know is if there is any from 1965-now that i should be looking for any that are worth anything?
Prince By-Tor

Re: Us quarters worth anything

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:44 pm

They are mostly just worth a quarter. If you've got enough of them to make shipping them worthwhile, I'll trade you canadian steel quarters for US. (Or I'm sure someone else will.) Don't throw them out though.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Prince By-Tor wrote:[...]is any from 1965-now that i should be looking for any that are worth anything?

1982 in uncirculated condition, and Wisconson State quarter with the corn error are the only two that I ever look for with post-64 quarters.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Prince By-Tor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

No point in paying to ship and trade for canadian just to take to bank
And why whould i throw em out? Lol im not gonna waist alot if money ;P

Thx for the info i sean somewhere about 82-83 didnt get what was special there and didnt know about the Wisconsin one so thx alot for the help
Im hopin for some silvers in there yet since it seams like someone was collecting them there might be i got nun yet out of $500 i been threw
Prince By-Tor

Postby Prince By-Tor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Ok starting to look there is atleast 1 82 is there something spacific to look for or whats the deal with 82
Prince By-Tor

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Prince By-Tor wrote:Ok starting to look there is atleast 1 82 is there something spacific to look for or whats the deal with 82

It just needs to be in mint state. For some reason, people didn't save very many uncirculated rolls that year. If it's in circulated condition (AU or worse), then it's basically just worth its face value. But, if it's in nice uncirculated condition, you just made a couple bucks.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Prince By-Tor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Ok no silvers 1 wisconsin but dont have the extra corn ear thats the only thing there right?
With the 82's can u give me a link on judging condition? Dont think any are good enough but some look pritty nice so im unsure
Thx alot for ur help
Prince By-Tor

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Prince By-Tor wrote:Ok no silvers 1 wisconsin but dont have the extra corn ear thats the only thing there right?

Yup.
With the 82's can u give me a link on judging condition? Dont think any are good enough but some look pritty nice so im unsure
Thx alot for ur help

I'm sorry, but I don't know of one (I mainly use the Photograde book when I need a reference). I'm sure someone else will be able to hook you up though.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby abe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Prince By-Tor wrote:Ok no silvers 1 wisconsin but dont have the extra corn ear thats the only thing there right?
Thx alot for ur help

http://www.coinauctionshelp.com/howtogr ... rters.html
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Prince By-Tor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Thx alot i rly appreciate it u guys are a big help
Prince By-Tor

Return to USA Numismatics