large cent question

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

large cent question

Postby jasmatk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm

so I bought this and got it today and im just wondering about the reverse of the coin check out the pics and you will see what im talking about.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1831-CORONET-HEAD-LARGE-CENT-PENNY-VERY-NICE-/180856015380?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2a1bdbca14
I cant find any thing on a mispelling so did someone do this to the coin?there is a small t pattern in the U where someone might of used a small file to do this.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: large cent question

Postby Country » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:05 pm

IMHO, a long time ago, somebody had some fun with this Large Cent. :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby jasmatk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 am

Country wrote:IMHO, a long time ago, somebody had some fun with this Large Cent. :)

yea thats probly what happened someone used a nail or something to do this,Im not sure how long that word has been around but it was done awhile ago.Its pretty funny though
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:24 pm

I've seen these before... always gets a laugh at coin shows...
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics