Potential collection buyout @ todays pick up.

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Potential collection buyout @ todays pick up.

Postby NHsorter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 pm

A guy was dumping in the lobby counter as I was hauling out bags I just bought off the vault. He saw me with the bags and said he was almost done so it would just be a minute. I told him that I just BOUGHT the bags so obviously he had questions. Hey, someone dumping coin in a machine starts talking to you, you gotta appease their friendliness (a.k.a. take the opportunity to peek and make sure they are not pumping silver in there). Long story short, after a chat, turns out his dad had a collection and he wants me to take a look at it. Said he's gonna call me next week when he has some spare time. Who knows, it'll probably be a jar of common wheats and some bicentennial quarters. But you never know! Had to post this up, cause no one else here wants to hear any more coin talk today :)
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Potential collection buyout @ todays pick up.

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 am

So what your telling me is that my Bi-centennial qtrs aren't rare!!???? :o :shock: Surely you're mistaken, I mean it has a DRUMMER on the Back! LOL

Good luck with the collection! Let us know what he has/HAD. Stuff like that never happens to me. If I ever want good Numis' or junk silver I always have to pay a premium :cry:

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Ok, a week has gone by...anything to report?
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 pm

give us your wife's email addy... we'll all start sharing coin talk with her... and she'll realize how good she really has it :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics