NYC numismatic suggestions?

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

NYC numismatic suggestions?

Postby gollum » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 am

Hi all:

I'll be in NYC the weekend of 1/11-1/13 and I of course want to try to integrate coins into my visit. Am looking for suggestions.

I noticed there is a huge coin show there that weekend (www.nyinc.info), but it's geared towards foreign/ancient coins which aren't my thing really.

So...I was thinking of just visiting the top few shops anyone recommends. Stacks in midtown comes to mind. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all
gollum

Re: NYC numismatic suggestions?

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 pm

no coin recs but if you like to drink good beer then check out d/b/a's on First Avenue between 2nd and 3rd streets.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: NYC numismatic suggestions?

Postby gollum » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:no coin recs but if you like to drink good beer then check out d/b/a's on First Avenue between 2nd and 3rd streets.

Now that's a great suggestion! And I can turn it into a numismatic event by tipping the bartender with Ikes and watching the results!
gollum

Return to USA Numismatics