Anything of value here? Big Pics

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Anything of value here? Big Pics

Postby interested » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Over the years, Ive kept interesting things but Ive never really had any experts to tell me what any of it is worth. Some of the items were gifted to me and some of them were things that I came across while working as a cashier. I'd love to know if any of these items strike you all as rare or valuable.

This first item was found tucked into a picture frame during a home demo. Id love to get any information available on it! This is probably my favorite piece that I own.

The top coin is a S proof of the bicentennial half dollar, . I was given it for mowing an elderly neighbors lawn when I was younger.
The next two coins were found while working as a cashier. Left is a 2004 nickel that appears to be made out of copper, never seen anything like it, wondered what it might be worth. The next is an S marked 2006 dime. It's in pretty good shape for being circulated. I have another one somewhere around here, I believe it's 2008. Aside from melt value, are these worth much in circulated condition?
revers of nickel

Next are some silver dollars that I was received as payment for mowing lawns, The Peace has a D mark. The Morgan has no mint mark. The other coin is some sort of WW1 memorial coin... almost looks like it had a loop connected at the top, like a medal. The top left coin is a Mason's token, often given at meetings.

this next thing was given to me as a gift, it came set into a keychain, with a matching money clip. This is the one that fell out of the keychain.

I have another box full of this type of stuff from when I was a kid but I havent been able to locate it. anyways, thats all for now, let me know what ya think!
interested

Re: Anything of value here? Big Pics

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 pm

I would say most of this is just melt value including the private issue 2gr thing. The nickel isn't copper, just has funny toning - it could have been left in a window sill in the sun for a long time or exposed to just the right amount of moisture - toning can happen in a variety of ways. The tokens are a small market - you'd have to look around Ebay to find what they are going for.

The Confederate money is hard to nail down a value. They are widely counterfeited, or at least used to be, so they fetch more when professionally graded, but this one is too damaged to be worth doing that. It is a great piece of history regardless.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby NiBullionCu » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:34 am

Unfortunately the confederate 50$ with s/n 72104 is a known repro.

http://oldcurrencyvalues.com/1864_50_Co ... _Bill.html
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ihavecoins » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Are you looking to sell it? How much
www.ihavecoins.com
Buying and selling numismatic and bullion
ihavecoins
Penny Pincher Member

Return to USA Numismatics