Question: 1995 W American Silver Eagle

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Question: 1995 W American Silver Eagle

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Do you think it makes sense to try to own either a MS69 or MS70 1995 W American Silver Eagle? Would it be worth trading regulars UNC ASEs for the coin if someone were willing to accept a decent trade? I don't own one and was curious to know the boards thoughts. What is the up side potential if any, or is the coin already so high priced it is not worth the investment? What say you?
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Question: 1995 W American Silver Eagle

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Anyone?
Copper Catcher

Postby natsb88 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Is there more than 1 ounce of silver in a 1995-W ASE? ;)
natsb88

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 am

From the perspective of a guy that sells anything that he thinks he can make a buck on...

I have been asked for a 1995-W proof zero times in the last 3 years. I have had the opportunity to buy several, but each time the asking price was too high in my opinion... and it was wholesale. I believe that hype is subsiding, and prices will come down in the next few years. If you don't need one now, then you might want to wait until later. Also, you can give a dealer a price that you are willing to pay and see if he can find one for you. I'm surprised that more people do not go this route when buying coins.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 am

Market Harmony wrote:From the perspective of a guy that sells anything that he thinks he can make a buck on...

I have been asked for a 1995-W proof zero times in the last 3 years. I have had the opportunity to buy several, but each time the asking price was too high in my opinion... and it was wholesale. I believe that hype is subsiding, and prices will come down in the next few years. If you don't need one now, then you might want to wait until later. Also, you can give a dealer a price that you are willing to pay and see if he can find one for you. I'm surprised that more people do not go this route when buying coins.

Thanks! :thumbup:
Copper Catcher

Postby coppertop1982 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Lots minted, 30k or so , rev 07s have about 45k minted,YET these two varieties continue to rise in value every year ! So Yes it makes sense to own one if you have the money to as an investment, however, its going to cost money to sell or move it, minimal 10% loss. Lots of potential to make faster gains elsewhere BuT as a track record YES it makes sense to invest in it, BUT IF is up to you , I would rather keep my money in motion , However I don't see a problem investing in a coin that keeps climbing in value. If I had to buy one I would probably scoop it for $3500 range and I see them selling as high as $4500 for a 69. 70s are a totally diferent animal with the only diference moat likely being the plastic housing and not the grade of the coin itself .
coppertop1982
Penny Pincher Member

Return to USA Numismatics